Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Spoke length Hope Pro 2 SP to WTB i23 Frequency rims?
  • spxxky
    Free Member

Anyone know the spoke lengths required for Hope Pro 2 Evo SP hubs to WTB i23 Frequency rims 32 H (27.5 ERD 584)?

Or a calculator?

Thanks

convert
    scotroutes
    spxxky
    Free Member

Thanks guys, but no mention of HOPE STRAIGHT PULL hubs, or how to measure them

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Straight pulls are a pain in the arse to calculate, best way i’ve seen to do it is to work out the difference in ERD between the two rims (original and new), then add half that to the spoke lengths. As long as the rims are *fairly* close in ERD, you should be within a mm, good enough to build a wheel.

Thought the SP hubs were only 24 (or 28?) hole though, or is the AM 32 hole?

On the plus side, the hope ones use the same length spokes both sides.

spxxky
    Free Member

Ghostly – bloody good idea! These are 32 H – same length spokes both sides on F & R?
    Cheers

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

No idea about front to rear.

Just left to right.

jamcorse

Roger Musson posted some advice that he was given by Hope. I found it on google and it involves a separate calculation for each side because the hope sp hubs are designed for same length spokes each side. I tried the Roger Musson adapted calculation method and the ERD difference method and they were both within 1mm of each other so I was happy, built the wheels and all was good.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Your big problem will come when you try to source the spokes. Hope special order most of theirs from Sapim as they’re lengths not easily sourced.

TrevorB

I have rebuilt a few SP Hope wheels. I buy my spokes (Sapim) here: Starbike

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Not sure if it was starbike or bike 24 (or bike discount?) but they had 3 or 4 different models of straight pull sapims in pretty much every 2mm increment from about 240 through to 300+mm.

I checked before i bought my XC3 straight pulls. Then got spares in the box!

Getting them in the UK was a non-starter. Almost no one stocks straight pulls.

When the rims on mine give up, I’ll certainly be rebuilding. If i can get 24 hole rims!

cannondaleking
    Free Member

If you need 264mm straight pull spokes I have 50 X 264mm black DT straight pull DB left in stock dude

spxxky
    Free Member

Thanks for all the advice and help guys

Cannondaleking – emailed you

Appreciated a LOT
    Have a good Christmas
    Al

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Spoke length Hope Pro 2 SP to WTB i23 Frequency rims?’ is closed to new replies.