Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Spoke length?
  • amack23
    Free Member

Can’t seem to find black Sapim Race or dt swiss comp spokes in 261mm. Is it ok to use 260mm or 262mm?

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Yes.

amack23
    Free Member

Cheers

drovercycles
    Free Member

Sapim Race only come in even lengths in black. DT Swiss Competition readily available in 261mm – we can send you some if you like. But fine to use 260 or 262mm in either. Your spoke calculations probably come out at just over or just under 261 anyway, so just round up/down as appropriate – if they’re exactly (or very close to) 261mm and you don’t want to get the DT Swiss I’d go up rather than down.

amack23
    Free Member

Spoke calculation was rear left 261.1mm and right 260.9mm. There’s no 261mm in stock at rose bikes and over double the price to buy in the UK. So better to go 262mm?

bigjim

http://www.cyclebasket.com/m9b0s453p1832/ACI_ALPINA_BLACK_DB_Spokes_Packet_Of_10_

I don’t understand the obsession with DT or with buying overseas to save a few quid

cp

Bigjim +1

The aci alpina spokes are great

amack23
    Free Member

Dt comp works out at £36.45 and the aci £31.60 plus excess shipping to Northern Ireland. So which is better?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Are the aci as resistant to corrosion?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Sapim 😉

bigjim

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a corroded stainless steel spoke in all my years whatever the brand.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Some grades of stainless will rust. I might be wrong and I’m happy to be corrected but I thought aci were a lower grade than dt/sapim.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Spoke length?’ is closed to new replies.