Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Split heels – help please
  • core

I’ve recently had some bad blisters on my heels, from wearing wellies while shooting, they’re supposedly good wellies, that come with different insoles to make them fit, but they just don’t, I’ve persevered as they were a present, but no matter what I do, if I walk over a mile in them, they rub. New ones on their way.

My heels have always been quite prone to blister, in all sorts of shoes, so they’ve had some stick over the years, through football, rugby, squash – but it’s only the above wellies that have caused it lately, I seem to have sorted the rest.

Basically my heels had about healed up from said blisters (from 2 weeks ago), but have now split, across the middle of where each blister was due I think to hard/thickened/damaged skin from all the blisters I’ve suffered.

Any tips to make them heal, and in the short term get me through a days shooting (several miles walking) tomorrow? (I will be wearing my decent walking boots this week).

stumpy01

Compeed & Scholl do cracked heel repair cream.

Or you could just use a load of any old moisturiser before you go to bed, but really slather it on & then put some trainer socks on top to keep it on your feet overnight. Doing that regularly should help the skin heel.

What socks do you wear with your wellies? I would probably wear a couple of pairs – if there isn’t room in the wellies for two thick pairs, wear a thinner inner pair & thicker outer pair so they can move over each other, rather than the movement against your skin causing the blisters….

longmover
    Free Member

BOOM!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

What they said —–^

Or the body shop do a minty foot cream, or the hemp hand repair stuff is really good too.

Mine just tend to dry out and fall apart rather than blister.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Split heels – help please’ is closed to new replies.