Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • spitfires from freeborn
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Thanks Mttm. I’d probably do much the same. Though thinking more about raising the BB a little for some rides rather than the head angle. I might have to bug Keith from banshee about this one.

mttm
    Free Member

Mine’s climbed all of the local stuff with no worries in the slack setting. I can see how you might want to experiment with the higher BB if there was a lot of step-ups etc in your regular routes – but would you really swap it over at the top to get the slacker settings back for the trip down? It’s only a couple of allen keys and a bolt, but the shock mount is a very snug fit in the frame. I know Keith says it’s not much hassle to swap over on the run, but it’s more hassle than I’d be looking for – and given how well it climbs in the slack setting, I haven’t once felt the need to try.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Given my habit for shearing heads off pivot bolts (last time it was just before packing the bike bag for a weeks riding holiday) I wouldn’t dare do it on the trail. I’d probably think about swapping it for a higher bb and sharper steering for local rides, then slacken it up when heading for bigger stuff.

mttm
    Free Member

Just leave it slack… you know it makes sense! 😉

toons
    Free Member

As carbon337 said there’s one for sale here

mrblobby
    Free Member

Thanks toons, shall check it out.

solar1
    Free Member

Hi,
    Cheers Toons.
    Its me selling a Spitfire. Still unused and has a load of new parts with it if you are interested. Lovely looking bike and really nicely made but i’m not getting on with the steep seat angle or low bottom bracket. A longer fork could be the answer but i’m reluctant to spend any more on a bike i’m hardly going to use.

Ad is here…
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/brand-new-mythic-spitfire-frame-or-package#post-1993339
    Cheers
    Si

mrblobby
    Free Member

Thanks Si. Would probably need a bigger size so will pass on this. Lovely looking bike though.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘spitfires from freeborn’ is closed to new replies.