Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Spiritualized.
  • stanfree
    Free Member

After seeing the ‘Orbital’ love thread and being a fan since the origi nal chime mix. I thought I’d enquire about a band I had only recently turned my attentions too . Despite living through Acid, Madchester, Rave / Hardcore , Garage and House , I had never paid a great deal of attention to Spiritualized….

So what are your memories and defining tracks…

docrobster
    Free Member

Oh yes indeed.
    Ladies and gentleman we are floating in space.
    Still sounds fantastic
    Laser guided melodies even better

Rorschach
    Free Member

Absolutely munted,wolverhampton civic,my birthday,bleeding ears,no idea how I got home.
    Electricity.

Possibly look at spaceman3 as well.

Kevevs
    Free Member

all I need in life’s a little bit of love to take the pain away…

What. a. tune!

jamj1974

Laser Guided Melodies and Ladies & Gentleman We are Floating in Space are their best in my opinion too. Run, You Know It’s True are fantastic songs as is Stay With Me!

docrobster
    Free Member

200 bars….run…shine a light….
    I recall a night in the leadmill Sheffield some time mid 90s. Sound. Light. Mind blowing.

boxfish
    Free Member

Lights
    Sound
    Medication
    8)

chakaping
    Free Member

Similar to docrobster but at Norwich UEA when they were touring Laser Guided Melodies. Mind-blowing combination of music, light and – ahem – little squares of paper.

Also see Spacemen 3, My Bloody Valentine, Spectrum (Soul Kiss album), Mercury Rev (first two or three albums) and Galaxie 500.

firestarter
    Free Member

God not heard lazer guided melodies for years

geetee1972
    Free Member

Little Johnny’s sad and ********
    First he jumped and then he looked

I first hear Ladies & Gentlemen while embroiled in a rather passionate and tempestuous affair with a Danish girl. I was staying with her at her place in Copenhagen back in early 2000 and it was one if those life defining moments so the album has very special memories for me!

That its also romantically melancholic only makes it more bitter sweet.

Fabulous album.

donks
    Free Member

Laverne played some live stuff on 6music the other week…freekin brilliant. When they are on form there’s none better imo.

binners

I saw them play Ladies and Gentleman we are floating in Space, in its entirety a couple of years back! The work of utter genius!

In fact, I’ve got the house to myself at the moment. I think it might have to go on, really really loud! 😀

wait4me

Their live sets used to be very strobe heavy. Ex wife keeled over in the middle of a violent sonic and visual assault at the Astoria many moons ago. Saw them recently at the Albert Hall and they were superb. Latest album is good and Hey Jane see’s them back to their best.

Lazer Guided Melodies is my favourite and Pure Phase is good too. Got it in a funky glow in the dark cd box. Infact that’s the next hour taken care of before i hit the shops.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Spiritualized.’ is closed to new replies.