Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Spinning Class
  • franksinatra

Went to my first today. What a sweat fest. The timid looking young girl taking the class didn’t even break a sweat, I was leaking like a sweaty sieve.

That is all.

thebrowndog
    Free Member

Mates and I would go to this one class led by the fittest bird I have ever met. Half way through she would peel off her t-shirt to reveal her taut tanned self. Very popular class with the lads but I stopped going after she came round and checked my HRT – I was maxed out at 196 BPM – and she told me that a man my age should be careful pushing himself so hard.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Only reason that the person taking the class isnt really sweating is that they dont have any resistance on. Has to be.

samuri
    Free Member

The one time I went on one the lady running it went round tightening up all the blokes resistance and loosening all the ladies.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Spinning’s a Winter past-time, get out and ride while the sun shines – it won’t last forever!

monkeychild
    Free Member

It’s the classes that do all the push up, hover nonsense that did my head in.

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

loosening all the ladies

Fnar

maccruiskeen

she came round and checked my HRT

You’re going through ‘the change’? That’ll explain the hot flushes and the palpitations

glupton1976
    Free Member

Did she have eyes like spanners?

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

Hover improved my climbing a lot

thebrowndog
    Free Member

Eyes like spanners and legs like a baby giraffe.

amt27
    Free Member

did a cpl on spin classes a few years back, I complained they didn’ have any fans and my home turbo and pedestal fan with sufferfest was way more fun,

guy who took the classes did a whole winter of training on one, breaking loads of wattage records for the gym, blah blah blah, turns up to the first time trial of the season, full TT bike, sponsored kit, I beat him on a £500 standard road bike, boy did I smile, never saw him again,

mikewsmith
    Free Member

good ones are good, crap ones are too common, mumbling instructors and music the sounded like it came from a chavved up nova finally killed the idea for me, the view was good though.

I worked harder on the trainer with trainer road as the effort was actually measured.

franksinatra

Well I liked it 🙄

mikewsmith
    Free Member

franksinatra – Member
    Well I liked it

Thats good, just my experience was there are very few good ones and a lot of generic crap out there. The instructor makes it.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Glad you enjoyed it frank. Good spin classes are very good IMO. Love browndog’s story!!!

Apparently there are some classes where resistance/wattage/HRM etc can be displayed in screens for all to see. That must be hilarious to watch the different egos – forget Strava, look at me!!!!!

vondally
    Free Member

like spinning classes.as with all things depends on the instructor and how hard you want to work…………..one i atttend with a ex Navy PT is a sufferfest, intresting when the more chatty folk arrive…….his view is if you can chat you are not working then it gets ugly

john_drummer
    Free Member

his view is if you can chat you are not working

agreed. before I started my spin class I’d just bimble about on bike, treadmill & cross trainer & frequently get annoyed by people chatting nearby. they can’t chat in spin class, the music’s too loud 😯

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Spinning Class’ is closed to new replies.