Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • spiders webs content, is this normal ?
  • sofaking
    Free Member

while out for race training earlier , i mean a ride this morning spotted this in the hedge row, never seen this many webs together before

only camera phone pics so excuse the lack of quality

mildred

Normal, but only if you ride in sleepy hollow.

Watch out for Christopher Walken!!

andytherocketeer

pretty.
    this was the one we nearly crashed into whilst going up river in a boat (in French Guiana, so you expect such creepy crawlies)…

main central part was a good meter or so across

pantsonfire
    Free Member

It might be there was a big hatch of spiders who have all made a web in the same bush. I bet if you go back next week there will be just one very big spider.

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

Where was that sofaking?

BlingBling
    Free Member

I think it’s done by a certain type of caterpillar, not a spider.

Theres a great picture on the net somewhere of a bike leant against a tree and both are completely covered in a blanket of white!

sofaking
    Free Member

milky bar between ketton and finshade woods in lincolnshire

sofaking
    Free Member
    Dimmadan
    Free Member

Yeah that is normal. There are a few of these that appear once a year in Churchdown (Gloucester) and they attract lots of people to look and take pictures.

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

I was on lots of tracks between ketton and finshade woods today did not see them will keep my eye out next time.

sharki
    Free Member

Got one just up the road from me…will go up a get some pics tomorrow, it’s about 8-10 ft long.

Ambrose

They are not too uncommon around here, Carmarthenshire. Meanwhile however, in Rotterdam…

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1188650/Thousands-marauding-caterpillars-trap-car-silky-web.html

sofaking
    Free Member

milky bar
    if you take the old track out the back of ketton( where those pikeys used to be camped up go across the a47 and take the lane down to barrowden, its down that lane on your right

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

Have them pikeys gone?i did that track but from half way down.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

the scrubland at Wasdale Head campsite is often completely covered like that, it makes for some stunning sights when there’s moisture in the air

MrAgreeable

This one was just outside of Bristol. You can see the wee beasties wriggling around inside it. They have a cool abseiling thing going on!

sharki
    Free Member

The one nearby to my place, most of the Caterpillars are now deep with in the hedge eating, it’s most likely they’re ermine yponomeuta.
    Also within the mass of silken weave i found a few small spider nurseries with lots of baby garden spiders crawling about.

lowey

Spotted these between Fizor and Settle.

Never seen anything like them before.

wormhole

seen something very simular in west sussex the other day? spooky.

sofaking
    Free Member

if we are on about the same track they’ve been gone a long while

zaskar
    Free Member

I’m thinking it’s caterpillars but if sofaking is never heard of again…

sharki
    Free Member

tries again

mikewsmith
    Free Member

what about this one

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘spiders webs content, is this normal ?’ is closed to new replies.