Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Speyside Brewery beers – how much?!
  • Spin
    Free Member

I’ve tried a few of these in the past and fancied trying more today when I saw them in the Co-op in Aviemore but at £3.05 per bottle I gave it a miss.

Am I a tightwad or is that well over the odds for a bottled ale in the Co? I thought maybe it was super strong but they were all about that price.

Think I’ll just wait ’till they’re in Aldi again…

cynic-al
    Free Member

Co op is not cheap and neither are the beers, havent seen that kind of thing go over £3 outside boutique off licences yet tho…

scotroutes

Speyside Brewery or Spey Valley Brewery? I don’t think the former has ever been in Aldi.

Spin
    Free Member

This one: http://www.speysidecraftbrewery.com/

Pretty sure I had some out of Aldi in Inverness a while back.

Aldi often get random small lots of beer from wee breweries.

scotroutes

Aye – SVB have done a couple of brews of IPA for Aldi.

Not supplied this one yet though

Spin
    Free Member

havent seen that kind of thing go over £3 outside boutique off licences yet tho…

That was my thought. I’ve paid that much for a bottle but it was something unusual / imported in a fancy beer shop.

ton

£3.00 is a bit pricey from a supermarket. but it is nice beer.
    i get 4 bottles for a fiver in morrisons. they have some good local stuff now.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

As above, good beer from an expensive/ripoff shop. Hardly surprising!

As mentioned before, be sure to check out the beer range in M&S at the moment. Some excellent British beer from excellent breweries, at good prices. Oh, and some interesting international stuff too! Bought some Lagunitas in Salisbury the other day, which felt odd!

miketually
    Free Member

I’m drinking a £3 bottle right now, from my Beerbods box, but usually get what’s on offer.

matt_outandabout

+1 M&S local beers – great, changing selection.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Speyside Brewery beers – how much?!’ is closed to new replies.