Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Spesh Enduro 2008 Shock Bushings
  • oopnorth
    Free Member

I need to change the shock bushings for my 2008 Enduro as it has developed a knocking when lifting the rear end.
    I am not able to measure or remove the existing bushings as I am currently abroad with work and I want to be able to order some replacements in so I can get it done immediately on my return as I will need it ready for a biking trip.

Can anyone point me in the direction of replacements, provide me with the right sizes that I require etc? It’s for the Specialized own brand air shock if that helps.

spacemonkey

CustomerServiceUK AT specialized DOT com

They’ll know.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Fair enough. Just wondered if someone had a particular site they ordered them off, cheaper than the standard Specialized route if possible… 🙂

BoardinBob

Spesh archive is good

Only shows 2008 Enduro SL, which appears unchanged from 2007, but it should cover all models

http://cdn.specialized.com/OA_MEDIA/pdf/manuals/07EnduroSLMan.pdf

Page 17 has the bearing etc sizes

bigyinn
    Free Member

BETD will prob have them in.

bennyboy1
    Free Member

oop north – if the bike is ‘knocking’ when you lift it up it’s probably not the bearings but will be the shock bushing that’s worn(having owned various Spesh full sus frames over the years it’ll probably be the lower shock bushing).

Spesh Uk should sort you out for a few £ with new ones.

oli2001
    Free Member

just changed my AFR shock from my 08 enduro to a fox rp23 one, i can let you have my bushes etc for say a fiver? they are all fine and only took them off to change the shock. Are you looking for the alloy spacers and the bush that line the eye of the shock. i got my new bushes from mojo but tf tuned can do them as well (spesh afr shock service dealer) i had mine tuned by tf also.

spacemonkey

I’ve had plenty of BETD ones in the past and they’ve disintegrated just like the Spesh ones. Having said that, Spesh’s latest bushings seems much more hardy. All IMHE of course.

Conan257
    Free Member

I went through TF tuned to replace my bushings, very similar price to BETD.

The TF Tuned website has a “what bushings for my shock/frame” thing on their website. Will try and find it for you.

Just a point of note, the bushings I received for my Fox Septune are a slightly different design to those which were fitted originally. But work fine, so dont worry if yours look a little different.

Edit: Look here: http://www.tftunedshox.com/MountKitGuide.aspx

I followed that even though I had different sizes when I measured. Fit perfectly.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Spesh Enduro 2008 Shock Bushings’ is closed to new replies.