Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Spelin couldn care les.
  • juan
    Free Member

Yes I do. Being non-native and trying my best to sound (or rather look) understandable, I think it’s only courtesy for someone whose first language is English to at least, spell-check and grammar check his/hers post.

TooTall
    Free Member

I firmly believe that anyone who was ‘just wandering about’ something should be told the word they are feebly grasping for is ‘wondering’ – unless they are actually walking. It seems to crop up more and more. Are the current yoof just taught the sound of words?

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Thank you for reinforcing my point.

How so? You don’t think it’s true that people- all people, everywhere- form opinions on other people based on their interactions with them?

donsimon
    Free Member

Are the current yoof just taught the sound of words?

I think the answer to this is yes, a primary school near here has a notice board on one of the entrances where the word kids is written kidz, poor sods don’t stand a chance.

alpin
    Free Member

if via google i end up on pinkbike i usually give up reading the posts as it takes me longer to decipher what the poster is trying to convey than the value of their post.

your, you’re. it isn’t difficult to understand, yet when typing quickly is an easy mistake to make. i read one post earlier today and the poster used “ure”. that leads me to believe that the guy is a bit thick.

and i agree with Juan. if he goes to the effort of writing coherently then so should you, IMO.

i sometimes have difficulty reading some posts (junkyard’s for example), but you can tell the person writing it is either on a (not so) smart phone or in in a rush. generally i can let that slide if they avoid using text speak.

being a slob at work or in the supermarket isn’t cool . why should it be any different here?

GrahamS

Yep. The title says it all really, if the OP “couldn care les” then why should I bother considering his opinion or answering?

Rockplough
    Free Member

A few I’ve seen just in the last few days.

‘airing on the side of…’
    ‘hydrolic brakes’
    ‘hydraulic breaks’
    the above mentioned ‘just wandering about’
    The usual scattering of (apparently) randomly placed apostrophes.

Does my nut in.

therag
    Free Member

Just because someone is Dyslexic doesn’t mean they are a slob, it just means they struggle with some parts of reading & writing.
    They may still want advice on bike related things even if there is a letter missing.
    If it is an important document I need sent out I use a secretary or lawyer but not to chat about spokes or seat posts

GrahamS

Just because someone is Dyslexic doesn’t mean they are a slob, it just means they struggle with some parts of reading & writing.

Big difference between dyslexia and someone who “couldn care les” as per your OP.

therag
    Free Member

Couldn’t care less If there is a letter missing

alpin
    Free Member

i thought the title was tongue in cheek….

Spin
    Free Member

Spelin couldn care les.

You obviously care enough about grammar to put that full stop in.

GrahamS

Couldn’t care less If there is a letter missing

The odd typo is perfectly forgibavle, and usually doesn’t get commented on, even by the serious pedants – unless of course it changes what you meant into something vaguely amusing, as per your “Didn’t realise before coming on her” line earlier. 😀

alpin
    Free Member

one i read earlier:

An awful lot of Asians there,in fact my friends married a Vietnamese girl(a lot younger of course!).

must be good mates….!

therag
    Free Member

Ha that 1 wasnt because I cant spell but missed a key on my phone 😯

alpin
    Free Member

1…. one.

i was taught that numbers up to ten should be spelt out.

therag
    Free Member

Doesn’t it means the same thing

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Spelin couldn care les.’ is closed to new replies.