Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • speed camera data base
  • Brainflex

Thought you might be interested to know that, following the UK Government’s freedom of information act, you can now get access to ALL speed camera offences registered in the last 12 months..
    Did you know that every time your car goes past a speed camera, even 1 mph over the set limit, it is registered onto a database?
    You only get a ticket if you are way over the limit or (this is the bit I didn’t know), if you receive over 10 near misses, you will be classed as a serial offender and get a ticket the next time you go just over the limit.
    This is why you hear of people being done at 34 mph in a 30 mph limit area, whilst others doing 39 do not.

You can check what has been registered against your vehicle at the following web address: http://www.i-database.co.uk
    You will be asked for a password but just click on the need a Password link and you will be given one for future use.
    Or just enter your car registration. If there is any data on your vehicle, click on the camera window to see a copy of the photograph.

Hope this is useful.

falkirk-mark

Very good

JulianA
    Free Member

This site looks dodgy to me as I clicked on ‘Check Registration’ without entering a registration number and got some completely false results when I shouldn’t have got any results at all…

But nothing would surprise me about the surveillance society in which we live…

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Titter ye not.

JulianA
    Free Member

Oh, I’m not laughing as I can quite believe that the scum we have in power at the moment would do something like that.

But the site is a spoof (only just discovered this: drunk last night when I first saw it) – try clicking on ‘View Picture’

aphex_2k
    Free Member

That link has cobwebs on.

Drac

Brainflex has just got the internet.

Rich
    Free Member

It would be better if they could localise it to you, as it’s easy to know it’s a setup when it says you were caught in Cornwall and you havent been out of Scotland for instance.

Brainflex

Apologies to aphex_2k n Drac, didn’t realise you had already seen it. Perhaps you could post all the websites you have visted so that I don’t repeat any again? OH hang on, maybe some other people haven’t seen the same ones as you? What a dilemma!!!!!!!!!!!!

aphex_2k
    Free Member

No need to apologise. You weren’t to know I’ve seen the internet.

Coming up in part two. Ceefax.

:p

aP
    Free Member

What about Prestel?

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Sorry. It’s taking me ages to reply. Damn 14.400 modem!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘speed camera data base’ is closed to new replies.