Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Speculative 'What 1.1/8" x 140mm fork?' thread.
  • PhilO
    Free Member

As per the title. Currently running a Fox Vanilla 140RLC which I bought SH a couple of years ago, so not sure of remaining life, and starting to think about future replacement options… Must have a parallel steerer, so probably looking at SH again. Travel up to 150mm ( maybe 160 at a pinch, but that would probably be silly).

What does the panel recommend?

wwaswas

marzocchi 44 rc3ti – there was one int he classifieds a week or so back.

ferrit
    Free Member

Yup. 44 RC3Ti. Incredible fork.

Northwind

What sort of use? I’m really tempted to swap my Ragley to an RC3 as they’re really bloody good for hard use but not sure, I might regret it for the day to day stuff.

You can still get new Revelation RCT3s in straight steerer. Though not generally very discounted.

Failing that, you seem a bit undecided about length so maybe the last of the u-turns, the Revelation Team? Brilliant fork, the compression damper’s not as tunable as the RCT3 but otherwise ace.

jairaj

Vanilla RLC would have been before Fox got their damping wrong with the CTD stuff so is most likely to be a good vintage.

Not sure how much better a Revelation is going to be? Assuming the Fox chassis is stiff enough for you.

Unless the fork is falling to bits and needs constant work I’d look into either swapping the coil for a air spring to lighten it and possibly some custom tuning if the current damping doesn’t give you the feel you want.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

marzocchi 44 rc3ti
    +1

So far, in the almost 4 years I’ve had it now, mine has been on; a Meta 5, an Orange 5 and now sits on a 456EvoTi.
    Just did an oil change on Tuesday night and it’s like new. Bombproof fork and supper-plush. Marzocchi’s separate dust & oil seal setup seems to last better than other manufacturers too 🙂

Simon

Revelations are still available in 1?” straight steerer. Some cheap ones here if you don’t mind OEM and buying from France, http://www.alltricks.com
    Merlin might be worth a look too.

qtip

Just bought some Revelation RCT3s to replace my old Pikes. Only had a couple of decent length rides on them but absolutely loving them so far.

PhilO
    Free Member

What sort of use?

Riding a bike, off road. 😉

you seem a bit undecided about length

Not fussy, rather than undecided. I don’t reckon 10mm either way will be noticeable, plus the frame (Helius CC) has adjustment available both ways. And before anybody points it out, I know that 140 is already long for that frame; I just find that it works for me with the rear set 1 notch down from maximum travel. 😀

There’s life in the Fox forks yet, and I’m in no rush to change – just looking to the future. I’ll certainly bear the 44 in mind, given the number of votes so far. Anybody have experience of Magura’s range?

Thanks, all, for the thoughts so far!

sp654233
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a set of Rev Rct3 off C.R.C for £339, 1/8 steerer and 150mm.

swanny853

I’ve got some revs to go that match that spec if you’re interested?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Speculative 'What 1.1/8" x 140mm fork?' thread.’ is closed to new replies.