• This topic has 51 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by aP.
Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Specky 4 eyes members step forward please.
  • TiRed

+5 prescription means I can’t have direct glazed lenses.

Contact lenses and £30 interchangeable glasses for off road.
    Rudy Project Rydon transitions with insert for commuting and road.

I don’t find fogging to be an issue really. yes glasses fog but it soon disappears once I start again.

BillOddie

Used Rudy Projects with Clip In’s in the past.

Moved across to Oakley RX Transitions Jawbones, would never go back.

Some of the best money I have ever spent on Bike stuff.

Worth considering the vented lenses if fogging is an issue.
    They weren’t available when I got mine and I wish I had them now as the still do fog a little.

Nothing a quick rinse under a camelbak bitevalve can’t sort though.

LMT
    Free Member

I can’t use contacts so this is the best i can do, and tbh im glad i got the transitions lenses, means i can use them anyday of the week, plus if i see any cheap half jackets at the airport i can just bang my lenses directly in.

Those with oakleys which colour lenses do you have?? my old oakleys i used to have the gold iridium, used to do the trick all the time, only reason i didn’t this time was cost i just couldn’t afford a clear lense and coloured at the moment.

Wally

OP here – Optilabs came up good, issue was pupil to pupil may be 67mm, but 62 to one eye and 65 to the other and prescription had changed. Pain to drive to shop, but it was worth it due to measurements taken.

I am -5.75 and distance (they were set up for this) is perfect, close up is good, given the prefect wrap around the lenses have to do, I am very pleased. I also went for clear lenses, £122 – not bad.

and no this thread is not worthless without a pic of my wonky face!

Pembo
    Free Member

I have one contact lense for distance and one for close-up, kind of like bifocals. But I’ve just started putting distance lenses in both eyes on MB days and it’s made a big difference to my depth of field vision and much easier to pick out the trail features. Have to make sure I ride with a mate as it means I can’t read the map now!

Kiril
    Free Member

When I’ve got my lenses in I take a pair of cheap reading glasses with me!

LittleTones
    Free Member

Contacts for me. My day to day glasses prescription is for bifocals, but ask your optician for a suitable (distance) prescription for riding a bike and you can wear any sunglasses you please……

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Contacts are no-go for me too. I’ve got such dry eyes that even with drops, after a days riding I can’t get the sods out without resorting to tweezers! (almost)
    So, Rudy Project Rydons (with transition lenses) off Fleebay, £55. Some inserts, £43. Varifocal lenses from Lentoid of Otley, £85 fitted.
    Dunno if thats ‘cheap’ but at least I can see to ride & read a map!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Contacts are no-go for me too. I’ve got such dry eyes that even with drops, after a days riding I can’t get the sods out without resorting to tweezers! (almost)
    So, Rudy Project Rydons (with transition lenses) off Fleebay, £55. Some inserts, £43. Varifocal lenses from Lentoid of Otley, £85 fitted.
    Dunno if thats ‘cheap’ but at least I can see to ride & read a map!

redthunder
    Free Member

Elvex Ovr Spex

Job done 🙂

http://www.elvex.com/OVR-Spec.htm

Cheap as chips [$8]and don’t look to Roy Orbinson 🙂

Leigh Woods – Yer Tiz Trail by SGMTB, on Flickr

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I have succeesfully used joakley’s (DX) Jawbones and Cilary Blue

£42 for prescription riding glasses!

aP
    Free Member

My prescription is -11, so I’m quite limited for glasses. I have some Rudy Project Exception which have been good, got some Rudy Project Maya earlier this year which are much less “special”, I’m broadly happy with them – the UK distributor is useless though – i told my optician about them and they pretty much had to go to them and demand a pair for me.
    In the future I’m not sure what me options are going to be if the current trend towards high base prescription cycling glasses is going.
    Oh, and before anyone says contacts I’ve disucced it with my optician who’s one of the pioneers in the UK, and we’ve come to an agreement not to go there. So i have theo everyday frames and RP for cycling.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Specky 4 eyes members step forward please.’ is closed to new replies.