Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Specialized warranty terms – is labour included?
  • stevious

Evening all. Been embroiled in a warranty nightmare with Evans cycles, who after completely cocking up a simple frame exchange, are trying to claim that they’ve put my components back on the frame ‘as a gesture of goodwill’ to try and placate me. When I called specialized at the start of the debacle, they told me that Evans get paid for all of the extra mechanical work that they have to undertake to remove/install the existing parts.

Are there any folks on here who can tell me what the case really is, as at the moment I feel like I’m being horribly fobbed off (especially since the bike won’t be ready for the Tour de Ben now, all because of their mistakes).

uplink
    Free Member

if it was a full bike purchased originally – I’d expect the components swapped over as a matter of course

seanodav
    Free Member

my full bike was taken in and rebuilt with new frame, this was also from evans.

beckykirk43
    Free Member

Yep, as far as I’m aware the shop’ll get paid by spec for doing any warranty work.

stevious

@beckykirk That’s what I had heard too.

Can anyone in the business confirm whether this is true?

eshershore
    Free Member

Evans can certainly claim the cost of workshop time for your warranty work, from Specialized UK

if you get any more problems, speak to Evans customer services and explain your pain, they will sort it out 100% as far as you are concerned!

from someone that works for them, as a workshop manager 😉

stevious

Hi Esher – thanks for your reply. I’m afraid it’s your customer services team that are claiming that the work replacing my bits are an act of good will.

Do you know if there’s anyone up the chain that I could contact?

tablesalt
    Free Member

that company is a **** joke

falkirk-mark

http://www.specialized.com/gb/gb/bc/sbcfaq.jsp

read here,I had a five and a half year old one and I had t pay to get the parts transferred. bottom of page 3

stevious

MArk, I read that as replacing broken bits was up to me but no mention of parts transfer. Frame was less than a year old, and I was told before the warranty transaction took place that specialized would cover the cost of part transfer.

falkirk-mark

I would assume that at less than a year old basically everything should be paid for with the exception of brake pads,tyres,chains etc

stevious

Indeed. They are actually doing the work for free, but are trying to dress it up as if it’s some kind of favour to me after they mucked me about for 6 weeks.

falkirk-mark

my turnaround was less than 2 weeks (dales).great warranty,poor dealer I suspect

stevious

I know for a fact that the faults lie with the dealer, it’s just getting them to admit the scale of their ineptitude I’m afraid.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Specialized warranty terms – is labour included?’ is closed to new replies.