Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Specialized Traverse Fattie 650b Wheels any good?
  • Fabdad
    Free Member

As per title, hoping to build a new bike soon and looking for a tough but not too heavy set of wheels,any thoughts? Cheers

Tracey

They are depending which hubs you get. Its hard to look past the Merlin pro build wheels for the price, weight and toughness though.

Fabdad
    Free Member

Cheers Tracey,they’re the ones with the DT Swiss internals, £400ish.
    Also liking the look of Hope Pro4 on DT Swiss ex471 at Moonglu for £440. Don’t really want to spend much more than that.

Northwind

They might have got their act together now but spares availability for my traversees was dismal- wait 6 weeks for a spoke, impossible to get the right hub adaptors (I was sent about 3 different sets before they just gave up and more or less said “15mm adaptors do exist for your wheels, we’re sure they do, we just can’t find ’em. We’ve checked down the back of the sofa, everywhere…”. Oh and IIRC £120 for a replacement rim. Good wheels but a pretty ropey experience overall.

I’d always buy normal wheels over factory unless there’s a really good reason.

yorkycsl
    Free Member

Treated my Bronson to a pair of 650B Fattie Sl carbons spring last year & have to say they’re superb, really changed the feel & how easily the bike changes direction, the hubs are obviously a DT / re badged as Roval with the very reliable star ratchet system no pawls to go wrong.

I’ve not one issue with them & thats doing big lakes days & a week in the highlands doing Torridon & the like, ok a bit pricey but nothing like Enve’s also the warranty is spot on, very reasonable should you ever need it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Traverse Fattie 650b Wheels any good?’ is closed to new replies.