Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Specialized traverse E5 wheels?
  • craig5

I got a pair of these not so long ago 2nd hand, very happy with them indeed. However not so happy now as there is an alarming amount of play in the rear hub. Both in the bearings and free hub. Now I know they use dt Swiss internals, I think I heard they use dt swiss 240 parts, can’t find owt onthe interweb, anybody know?

Northwind

There’s been a bunch of different Traverse/Traversee models, and they use different hubs. The older ones are genuine DT internals though (and better rims) I think E5 will mean it’s a “proper” one, are they straightpull spokes? If you can send a pic I can confirm

bol

The e5 ones are almost certainly Dt 240 internals. Mine certainly were.

craig5

Ok sorry for the dodgy photos, the ifad is pants, they are an early set as they were available withe the 25mm front axel spacers for the enduro SL fork (2008 I think). Are these dt240 parts expensive/easy to get hold of? Going Enduro riding next week see.

jsync

The rear is a DT240s but the front is not, assuming they are Traversee not Traverse, it’s hard to see from the pics.

craig5

Cheers for that, they are traversee. Never noticed the extra e on the end!

orangeboy
    Free Member

I have some of those early wheels and always been happy with them. The bearing are normal sealed ones and not unique. I last used some wheels mft ceramic bearings in mine last time but they did not last very long.

I find its the front wheel that’s seems to kill bearings

Northwind

Aye, same as mine those, really nice- and yep all rear parts are DT including end caps, axle, freehub etc, only the shell is nonstandard. This does mean the middlemost bearing is hard to swap- but it also means it very rarely needs done. Careful with the nipples, easy to crack them- I ended up changing all the rear nipples on the most used (and most beaten up) set for brass

The front is a pain to get adaptors for though!

jsync

I think I have some adaptors in the shed – I used the 25-20mm ones when I got my new forks, but still have whatever else was supplied – I’ll look later today

althepal

Gave away my spare adaptors to folk on here.. not planning on changing my 20mm forks anytime soon.
    Good wheels though. Had mine for about 3 years before I needed the rear bearings done..

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Specialized traverse E5 wheels?’ is closed to new replies.