Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • specialized stumpjumper shock options
  • downthemiddle
    Free Member

I have a 2013 fsr stumpjumper 29er with the specialized specific shock bottom mounting (with the large clevis mount that straddles the seat tube and fixes to the bottom of the shock Via a fixed bolt and not the normal eyelet). Needles to say if I ever want to upgrade the fox evolution unit fitted as standard or indeed want to replace the shock for whatever reason then am I stuck with replacing it with the same unit direct from specialized or is there some after market options ? I can’t get the better shock unit from specialized that they fit on the higher spec stumpjumper fsr’s as they are the brain shock version and my lower range model doesn’t have mounting for the brain version.
    Not impressed with the standard fox ctd evolution version that’s currently on the bike so would be gutted if all I could do was replace it with the same unit that I could only buy directly from spesh at some ridiculous price probably.

porter_jamie

get me to make you one of these

porter_jamie

this is one i designed for a stumpjumper, which would probably be very similar to what you need – this is designed to take an rp23 or any other standard type of shock, even a ccdb

downthemiddle
    Free Member

Wow, smart idea developing something to overcome a compatibility issue. Impressed

porter_jamie

not my idea i’m afraid – http://singletrackworld.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2011/09/IMG_1937.jpg – compositepro on here pointed me in the right direction

i got the material and everything for the stumpy horseshoe i just got distracted with lots of other projects, as you do.

guyome30
    Free Member

Hi,
    I discovered your post on the clevis (Y) for Stumpy.
    You make yourself the room? Is it sold?
    I have the same idea as you, but based on the new Kona!
    If you have a dimensioned drawing, or if you can make me one, I would buy.
    Thank you for keeping me informed.
    Merry Year.
    G

paganman
    Free Member

Hi,
    I’m Interested in one of these too if you’re making them
    All the best

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘specialized stumpjumper shock options’ is closed to new replies.