Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Specialized Romin Saddle – On a mountain bike -wouldn't have happened in my day.
  • Leadfold

For a solid week each year I have to endure long grinding fire road climbs on my annual trip to pointy bits of mainland Europe. Though the downhills make to worth it, it would nice if the climbs didn’t hurt my arse so much or induce a worrying degree of numbness in the meat and two veg. I have tried a Specialized body fit saddles on shorter rides and found it comfortable (can remember the model). Bike Radar raves about the Romin saddle.

Be great to hear from anyone who has used one on in either an XC or all mountain situation.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I have one on my commuter and like it but it’s too hard for offroad stuff I think. Maybe if you had a big squishy full susser but not on my hardtail.

bol

A mate of mine has been racing with one on his hardtail. I’d agree that there isn’t a lot of give in it, but if it suits your arse? They do it in a 155mm fitting too, which I’m about to invest in for the road.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

I’ve got one and like it. If you like flatish saddles it might suit your behind.

2 things though –

1: it can catch in baggy shorts. The split in the back is the problem.

2: I dont know how durable they are for off road. I’ve totalled one in a bad crash (split the seat and bent both rails). This was a bad crash though – even then I’d be reluctant to use it for a week long “AM” event. However as a testament to the comfort: I went out and bought the exact same again.

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

I have been racing on a Romin for the last 9 months. Its the best saddle I’ve had. Its been on a 21 lb Hardtail and my current 24 lb full susser. Durability wise; I’ve had a few small crashes and scuffed the saddle but no reason to think its less durable that anything else

I dont understand how a saddle can be ‘too hard’ for offroad??

nedrapier

Says the racer!

If you’re resting on the saddle and getting kicked up the arse by bumps, then you’ll need some cush. If you’re racing, and supporting your weight through your legs and the pedals the whole time, then you won’t so much.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

the night is young…..

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

;
    Before:

After:

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

I have used one for about 9 months now on my hardtail, actually find it comfier now than the Bel Air it replaced 😕

I’m not light and I dont ride smoothly yet its still in one piece so it must be pretty tough but as csw says, it can catch your shorts.

Leadfold

Thanks gents your comment are appreciated.

Northwind

It does look like a shorts-hook doesn’t it. Think next time I’m on a week of big rides I’ll take 2 saddles and swap them around just to spread the agony a little, rather than trying to find one perfect saddle.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Romin Saddle – On a mountain bike -wouldn't have happened in my day.’ is closed to new replies.