• This topic has 16 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Gnnr.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • specialized pitch pro coil shock info
  • studioderm
    Free Member

is there any where i can get a decent coil shock for the pitch pro.

i have looked at mojo and it is £270 for a van rc, can anyone reccommend other options?

thanks

sv

Normally some 2nd hand ones in the classifieds from time to time.

grum
    Free Member

How straightforward is it to put a coil shock on a Pitch? Is it just a case of getting one with the same measurements as the original shock?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Should be pretty straightforeward, I was tinkering last night and thered a definate hollow in the seatpost that lpoks like it’s designed to give clearance to a coil, and ther are plenty with coil shocks about.

As for which one…..

£270 would get you the Van RC which is basicaly a DHX shock missing a couple of adjusters, but if you shop arround the cane creek isn’t much more (£380 from jensenUSA) .

S/h you’d have to find a bargain, if your upgrading to coil presumably its for performance, so you’ll want it regulalry serviced and tuned to your weight, so add £80-£150 to the purchase price (service + tuneing + reducers + new spring) and your pretty much in new shock teritory.

sv

Straight swap for mine, RP2–>DHX5 Coil. I only had to change the spring for £20.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Van RC on mine, two minute job. Much better than the air shock.

studioderm
    Free Member

Thanks for the info.

Am i right in my measurements of 200/57mm?

anyway –

van rc at mojo = £270
    van r at tf tuned = £250

any other cheaper options?

cheers

Bagstard
    Free Member

Have a word with loco, they did me a good deal. Yes 200×57.

carbon337
    Free Member

seanodav will be along soon – he got a deal at Loco on a VanRC for his pitch i think.

studioderm
    Free Member

loco?

local bike shop or a supplier?

cheers

carbon337
    Free Member

“loco tuning” into google he posts on here and offers great advice.

Bregante

not wanting to do loco out of business but

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-200-x-57mm-5th-element-coil-shock-suits-spesh-enduropitch-and-more

Help the lad recoup some of his expense on his Mojo? :mrgreen:

psychle
    Free Member

thanks Bregante, was going to post that for him to consider 🙂 . Nice cheap route to try out a coil setup (’tis what I bought it for, for my old Enduro). Good shock, all works fine as far as my uneducated eye can tell 🙂

grum
    Free Member

Any idea what weight that spring would be suited to? And how does the 5th Element compare to the other options mentioned? (The OP can have first refusal on it of course 🙂 )

studioderm
    Free Member

thanks for the all the info, the bank manager has approved the costs for a van rc!

i hope the 5th element works out for Grum

cheers

cubemeup
    Free Member

ring simon at loco fella im looking to do the same with my rp23

Gnnr

Might be of interest…

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-dhx-50-coil-200×50

John (print vision)

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘specialized pitch pro coil shock info’ is closed to new replies.