Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Specialized Langster and similar?
  • Conqueror
    Free Member

Anyone know of any alternatives to the Langster which are a similar price?

What do people think of the Langster itself?

Considering getting a bike like this for road fitness cycling and to go to the shops on – stuff like that…

Dont want to spend much £££. Cotic Road Rat looks good but a bit much £££.

ta

crotchrocket
    Free Member

Charge Plug Racer?

tim41
    Free Member

Giant Bowery

Got a 2008 one with drop bars and a freewheel, but it came with a flip flop hub and fixed sprocket too if that's your thing.

The 09 options seem to be a strange mix of fakenger type bikes with odd bars.

atlaz
    Free Member

How about the SE Lager?

epicyclo

Fuji Track – steel frame with good feel to it.
    Giant Bowery is great on hills when you are stomping down on it.

Or my favourite – On-One Pompino – ideal ride for a mountanbiker because you know you are not going to be able to resist pointing your road bike up that dirt track, are you?

charliedontsurf

I have had two langsters, and liked them both, but never loved them. A surly steamroller however is a really lovely bike. On paper it does not match up (steel Vs crabon forks), but the ride and emmotional connection is far greater.

Sounds like intangible hippy twoddle, but I know several other people who have gone from langster to steamroller and they have said much the same thing.

The complete surly comes with a great frameset, and great hubs, which is the most important parts on a fixed. I have seen some shocking downgrading on other fixies as they struggle to hit a price point ( £2 dicta freewheel on a £550 kona for example)

Hope this helps…

epo-aholic
    Free Member

surly steamroller is defo better than the langie but then it is £150 more!

you cant go far wrong with a langster IMO.

simon_g

Edinburgh Bicycle Co do a budget fixie now for £350, quite cleanly styled but a bit heavy.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Langster and similar?’ is closed to new replies.