Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Specialized Future Shock e150 fork any good??
  • renton
    Free Member

im currently looking at buying a secondhand spesh enduro and the models im looking at have these forks.

do any of you on here run them and if so can you give me your opinions on them please as ive heard a mixed bag so far!!

cheers

steve

Bregante

I have some 08 E150's and I really rate them> they take a bit of experimentation to get them set up and small impact sensitivity was poor until I had them sorted at TF Tuned. They're at least as stiff as 36's and imo the travel adjust is far superior to the talas system. I rode a 2009 with the 150mm float 32's on it and it was awful by comparison. The forks just didn't track anywhere near as well.

The only drawback I have experienced to date is that you're pretty much tied into the spesh 25 mm front hub unless you're prepared to spend a lot of money on an industry 9 25mm or similar.

Having said all this (and seen your other post), I thought the Pitch was pretty much the same geo and BB height as the enduro? (although I haven't suffered much with pedal strikes – are you running the right shock pressure/ considered running a taller/wider tyre?)

renton
    Free Member

thanks for that mate.

im beginning to think i should of bought an enduro in the first place.

compared to my mates large enduro my pitch seems a lot smaller in comparison and on longer rides im starting to feel a bit cramped.

ive got someone interested in the pitch so just need to keep my eyes open for a nice enduro!!

ScottChegg
    Free Member

The E150 is a great fork executed quite poorly. Early models were unreliable, but they are stiff, light and have a nice action. Later models are much better.

Later Enduros started to come with 150mm Fox forks, that were as light, nearly as stiff and didn't tie you to the Spesh front wheel.

easygirl

Ive got an 08 enduro with e150 fork
    very smooth plush travel
    easy to service
    and best of all spesh give it a 5 year warranty
    I sent mine back twice, once for faulty cartridge and once for faulty seal
    been faultless for last 12 months, including 2 weeks in the alps
    you will no doubt hear a lot of scare stories from people who dont
    actually own the forks
    but I've found them to be fantastic

psychle
    Free Member

Really like my E150, never had a problem with it. Nice and light (esp. for a triple crown type fork) and super stiff, the front end of my Enduro really does feel like a 'point and shoot' monster truck, I love it! Had mine serviced by Specialized, internals upgraded to the latest ones (it was/is an '07 now with '09 internals) plus they did the 'Mick mod' (whatever that is!) that apparently improves the small bump sensitivity, I think I can feel the difference, but one never knows if it's just in your head! Anyway, an excellent fork, that's my opinion and experience 🙂 In fact, I like mine so much I sourced a second one to fit to my hardtail!

twedspeed
    Free Member

3 YEARS IN AND STILL WORKING FINE – A GREAT POSSITIVE RELIABLE FORK , SPOILED BY FAULTY EARLY BATCH AT THE LAUNCH – SHIT STICKS IN THIS GAME AND THE NAY-SAYERS REGURGITATE THE EARLY PROBLEMS YEAR IN YEAR OUT.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Come back 5 months ago, you might have reason to shout.

I had one of the first, and it went wrong. So there.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Future Shock e150 fork any good??’ is closed to new replies.