Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Specialized Enduros… last couple of model versions
  • TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Anyone got one, or got opinions on them…

Thanks.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Got an 06 and its great. But I am guessing your on about the newer models.

colinmac
    Free Member

I’ve just bought an ’09 with the Fox Talas front forks. I love it. Unbelievably light, nimble and well balanced. Have seen some grumbles about the rear shock – but I’m just settling into it. I’d buy one again. Someone on here was selling an ’08 (same frame but triple clamp forks) for £850 quid. Bargain by my reckoning, it looked well clean.

My bike is here : My Bike Pic(s)

stumpy01

carpe diem, I think has got one (2010) and seems pleased enough with it.

twelveski
    Free Member

Bought a 2010 comp at the end of last year. Frame and forks remain the same but everything else has been swapped as I was really just after a frame set. Absolutely love it! I have been through all sorts of bikes over the last few years but am totally sold on the Specialized FSR rear end again. The shock works fine as far as I can tell. I ride most of the time with the pro-pedal on and it’s just stiff enough, but not harsh for uphill & flat trails, but when it comes to going downhill and the pro-pedal is off it’s very plush and confidence inspiring. The air lyrics seam to work pretty much OK to the point that I don’t really think about what they are doing.
    It’s the first bike that I have had a 160mm fork on where I don’t feel the need to reduce the travel when climbing, so I believe it’s a very balanced all rounder.
    Also at 31.5 lbs it’s more than capable of being ridden all day and does not feel heavy at all.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I have an 08 and I loves it lots. Light enough to ride all day, but burly enough for a play at the likes of Cwm Carn. Mine has the E150 fork, which splits opinion like a Marmite coated Piers Morgan. I, however, really like it, mainly for the simple drop-down travel adjuster, awesome big bump performance and frankly phenomenal steering tracking. Rubbish on small bumps, mind you!

Enduro tips from me;
    Dropper post – Great upgrade, as it really opens up the potential
    Wide bars – Spesh bars tend to be a bit rubbish. I went for an Easton Havoc
    Big ole rubber – Nice big rubber (2.4″ RQ on mine) can really open the bike up as a singletrack screaming loon. Not the finest in mud, though, but what FS bike is?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Enduros… last couple of model versions’ is closed to new replies.