Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Specialized debonair fault – update
  • bennyb
    Free Member

Following on from my previous thread with regards to my debonair shock failing 4 times within 5months, just keep going through the shop whom go through Fisher . Anyway, enough is enough, the last replacement lasted roughly 8mile before same fault occurred . The shop say there hands are tied as it’s down to the manufacturer (sram), have I got rights in asking/refusing that shock brand and requesting another ??? I.e. Fox, ohlins. ??? I’ve contacted Specialized uk, and they weren’t very helpful , said it’s nothing to do with them , deal with sram. Any shop/industries people on here could shed some light, or advice

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

What is the fault ?

bennyb
    Free Member

The shock keeps collapsing on itself (negative air apparently ). It’s supposedly had a service , new seals and replacement outer can, each time it results in same problem. It’s taking the P*ss now, not to mention the complete lack of faith in when traveling any distance to ride. Basically Specialized have just said it’s a Sram fault, deal with them. Thanks Spesh

honourablegeorge

Your warranty is with the shop, not Specialized and not SRAM

They need to sort it for you.

poah
    Free Member

honourablegeorge – Member

Your warranty is with the shop, not Specialized and not SRAM

warranty is with the manufacturer unless the shop has given you one. the SOGA deals with the shop.

Read the warranty details that specialized give and see what they say about the shock. SRAM give a two year warranty on their parts but if a shock is constantly failing then that sounds like an issue with the bike????? If the bike is from 2015 then the shock must have been working for a period of time first. The shop you bought the bike from have the responsibility to deal with the warranty for you. you’ll just have to send it back again.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Lots of Debonair shocks out there and generally they seem pretty reliable . Are you sure it’s been repaired by Fishers or TF Tuned who generally do warranty work ? I think I would probably be pushing for a new shock at the very least .

bigjim

If they’ve replaced the outer sleeve have a look at the grooves the big o ring sits in on the air can outer, see if there is any nick or groove. I’ve had two warranty jobs with fishers and neither had what I would call a satisfactory result, one wasn’t so much their fault, more having to wait for stock to be shipped from factory which would have been several months wait for a replacement. Luckily excellent LBS stepped in with a spare shock.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Specialized debonair fault – update’ is closed to new replies.