Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Specialized command post issue!
  • filks

My command post – approx. 2010/2011 I think – just collapses once any weight is put onto it but returns fine once the weight is off.
    Is this something that may well be sorted by a service or is it a write off?

Just wanted opinions to save the price of a service to find out it is unsalvageable if that is likely the case…

…or find out what tool I’m supposed to use to unscrew the top collar – it’s the gold one with holes going round it to get purchase so I can have a look at it at home

TIA

Tracey

Have you checked that the return mechanism is going fully back and not sticking or a sticky cable not allowing it to go fully back. You can move the lever under the seat with your fingers to ensure it going into the lock position fully.

nickjb
    Free Member

Does sound like it needs a service, especially if it hasn’t had one in a while. Pretty easy to diy. Could be a broken collet which did happen to older ones but that will be obvious on opening it up and is easily fixed.

danjthomas
    Free Member

Mine did the same when I serviced it. I think the cable tension sorted it for me although I doubt that would help you. After a few up and downs the grease spread evenly too on the inside.. I think too much grease didn’t help either. Strip it down and just take a look at the condition of stuff..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Specialized command post issue!’ is closed to new replies.