Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Specialized Command Post
  • steviepcommencal
    Free Member

I’m in the market for a dropper post and was set for the Reverb until I realised that it has zero layback, Having just got a Nomad frame I have had to put a 70mm stem on from my usual 50mm I dont want to lose any more length in the bike

Has anyone had any problems with theirs and do you know if you can mount the lever on he left hand side?

Cheers!!

johnnystorm

I’ve got one. 😀

No probs so far, I make sure I give it a once over with Mucoff bike spray after each ride and clean the crap off. A bit of bike spray down the cable outers at either end keeps it smooth.

Most importantly I have the lever on my left hand side. :mrgreen:

bol

Ive got my leaver on the left.

That said, I’m hoping to get Spesh to take it back for a credit. It keeps dropping as I ride along. The LBS has had it to bits to adjust it, but to no avail. It dropped about 40 times on a 2 hour ride this week after being fixed. If it hadn’t been attached (or more importantly if I’d been left with anything to sit on, and it hadn’t been environmentally irresponsible) I would have slung it in a bush. It really spoilt the ride.

I really wanted it to work – it looks nice, and I like the two fixed positions, but it’s been a bit rubbish to be honest. Reverb for me next with a bit of luck.

steviepcommencal
    Free Member

It would have been the reverb hands down but because of the layback it has to be discounted 🙁

I used to have a Joplin so I know a rubbish post!!

If you go through all the posts there seems to be trouble with all of them, the command post seems to get a more positive than negative and its the blacklite version I want

nickjb
    Free Member

Mine’s been good so far. I’ve got the lever on the right but I can’t see why it wouldn’t fit on the left. If you have compatible grips the lever bracket replaces the locking ring so it takes up no extra space.

bol

Mine’s the Black Lite. If it worked it would be brilliant. Maybe I’ve just been unlucky. The one thing you can be assured of is that Specialized customer service is exemplary, so if you do have problems they’ll see you right.

steviepcommencal
    Free Member

Cool, cheers guys, will prob take the plunge with the blacklite 😀

ska-49
    Free Member

I used to have one on my Enduro. My favourite post to date. Ive also had GD classic and X-fusion hilo but the spesh post is lighter and more reliable than the rest. I like the 3 different travel heights, works out perfect for me. I would buy one again if I could afford it.

piles956
    Free Member

hi folks, my command post dropped down on its own today, anyone know how to fix it?

thanks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Command Post’ is closed to new replies.