• This topic has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by MSP.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Specialized Ambush helmet – anything else to consider ?
  • qwerty
    Free Member

Looking to MTFU my helmet for MTB and currently looking at the Ambush for my odd shaped noggin.

Ambush pros: Lightweight & well vented (these are VERY important), Spesh crash replacement scheme, small fits me well.

Current lid is a Spesh S3 which i use for CX (peak off) & MTB (peak on).

Anything else worth considering or views on the Ambush which i can get for £100 (black & small)?

onedpete
    Free Member

The ambush is a cracking lid, It was a close run thing between that and a Giro Chronicle for me. I went with the Giro in the end simply down to the fit being a little better for my noggin. The Spesh had it on weight, ventilation and best visor. If it fits you well, I’d go for it. Other option is the Troy lee A2, bit pricier, but looks awesome, ventilates well now and has mips.

scotroutes

Kask Rex.

kayak23

Love my Spesh Ambush.
    Had it about a year now and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it.

Coming from a Bell Super, I prefer it.

egb81
    Free Member

Just bought a half priced Ambush (Rutland Cycles) and I’m very impressed. Extremely light, great fit, good coverage and well vented. The only niggles are that there isn’t a vent down the middle, which means that if I mount my light (exposure Joystick) it will have to be one side.

Vortexracing

I have two of them, they are great. I don’t think you can go wrong with them, Spesh stuff is actually very good. The full head cage in them is brilliant

hatter

I have 2 ambushes, great lightweight trail lids.

qwerty
    Free Member

Cheers, ordered.

MSP

I had an ambush, great shell but the strap arrangement is just **** stupid, the lack of adjustment meant it was on my chin line rather than under the chin.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Ambush helmet – anything else to consider ?’ is closed to new replies.