Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Specialized Allez sizing
  • Pigface
    Free Member

I am 6ft so would a 56 or a 58 be more suited, I have quite long arms but the rest is pretty average.

Sorry for another sizing question.

First foray into road bikes

simondbarnes

Could be either. Worth going to a shop and trying both.

njee20
    Free Member

I’d say 58, I’m 5’10” on a 56, with short legs, and it’s an inch shorter than my 56cm Madone. I reckon you’ll be rather squashed. But you really need to try one.

petey83
    Free Member

I am 5ft 11′ and went with a 56cm 2014 Allez. The stem feels a bit long for me so it might actually suit you better.

docrobster
    Free Member

I’m 5’11 and a half and bought a 58cm Allez, having had a fairly short test ride on a 56 I pronounced it too short. . After riding the 58cm for some time (over a year), I realised it was too long and put a shorter stem on. If I was buying again I’d get a 56.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

6 feet here and my 56 fits me perfectly.

holdsteady

I’m 6ft, 32″ leg and I had a 56cm – not exactly an obscure bike so I’d think you could try one out – Evans always seem to have at least one size in if you are near any of their stores.

To be honest, unless you are buying a discounted model from last year, they aren’t very good value for money and this article might deter you

http://road.cc/content/news/119280-whats-britains-most-stolen-bike-answer-will-surprise-you

njee20
    Free Member

I hate mine too, it’s an odd shape, flexy and uncomfortable. An uneviable set of qualities.

oliverracing

5’11 and ride a 56, but would go a size up next time as slightly small, but run a decent length of seatpost and stem to compensate no problem

dknwhy

I’m 5’10” and had a 54cm which was perfect size until it got stolen.
    Knowing more about road bikes now, I wouldn’t have another one. You don’t get much for your money.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Love mine.

Pigface
    Free Member

Thanks for replies, what other bikes are similar to the Allez that I should consider.

eshershore
    Free Member

My 56cm allez was too long for me. I am 5’10” with 32″ inseam and longish arms.

Had to run 80mm stem and in-line seat post , which affected saddle / pedal axle setup and handling in a bad way.

Then got a Tarmac SL4 and went 54cm, felt perfect with 90mm stem and layback post which let me setup saddle properly.

I had BG fit on both bikes.

Definitely try before you buy, its a relatively long bike. 56cm with appropriate stem should fit you well.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Allez sizing’ is closed to new replies.