Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Specialized Aheadset bearings?
  • z1ppy

Any one know if you can use any of the replacement bearing on CRC in these?
    No branding on the headset other than “aheadset”, & the spesh website has no further particularly useful info “1 1/8″ threadless, 10mm insertion alloy cups, cartridge bearing”

Cheers 🙂

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Have a look on the seal of the cartridge bearing,there should be a number and then look on ebay or simply bearings and order some up.

z1ppy

trouble is they look very corroded, and the last set in that state I removed were just covered in corrosion and fell apart. As it’s my m8’s bike I’d prefer to get a replacements before I have to touch them…

starsh78
    Free Member

I’d get him to bung a decent headset in if the old one is in tatters, buy cheap, buy again and all that!

z1ppy

Hey the bikes 4 years old, so they ain’t complete crap, and shirley we’d have to mess around with pressing new cups out/in, where-as a new set of bearings would just pop in…

reggiegasket
    Free Member

what bike is it?

Does the headset look integrated, or can you see the cups when you’re standing next to the bike?

peasnotwar
    Free Member

Best check with a Spesh dealer.
    Had to change mine recently (S-works carbon integrated) and just by luck they had some in stock that another customer didn’t collect.
    I believe it’s something to do with the angle of the bearing chamfer that has to be compatible….. but i’m no bearing expert.
    ps. they weren’t cheap either!!!!!!!!

z1ppy

Reggieg, it’s spesh stumpjumper, and yes you can see the cup externally.

Peasnoptwar (good name), I believe there 36/45 degree according to a google search and the spesh price is why I wondered if the £13 Cane Creek or FSA bearing on CRC would fit instead..

reggiegasket
    Free Member

the 36/45 refers to the angle of the top and bottom edge, so the bearings that carry this are interchangeable. However, some aren’t quite exactly the same in terms of their diameter so may be a snug fit in the bearing cup. I’ve tried to fit FSA bearings in CC cups in the past and it didn’t quite want to fit. It went in eventually but just bear this in mind.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

CC S8 and FSA XL2 run 36/45s (as I’m sure many other headsets do) and CRC carry XL2 spare bearings

z1ppy

cheeers reggie, will get my m8 to order some, at worst we’ll send em back to CRC.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Aheadset bearings?’ is closed to new replies.