Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Specialized 2fo clip less shoes.
  • blackmountainsrider
    Free Member

I currently have some 5.10 kestrel shoes, that I don’t really get on with. I find that the soles aren’t stiff enough and I can allways feel the pedals. It’s a personal thing I know.

Does anyone know how the 2 fo are in comparison? Have they got a stiff sole? I’m used to more of an ‘xc’ style shoe.

Thanks

mikewsmith
    Free Member

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/shoes/2fo-clip/105649
    These?
    Yes stiff, yes grippy and comfy. Pedal choice would be important too.

MSP

They are no stiffer than the 5.10 kestrel, but they do feel more isolated from the pedal, kind of hard to describe it is as if there is an extra layer between the pedal and the foot with the 2fo clips without actually being cushioned.

neither are xc shoes and both the wrong choice if that is what you expect.

jam-bo

2f0 clips? or cliplites.

very different shoes. cliplites with the boa dials are pretty close to an xc shoe.

MSP

The sole construction is the same on the clips and the clip lites, the clip lites are just on a narrower last.

(I have had 2fo clips, clip lites and kestrels)

blackmountainsrider
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice. I guess it’s not tge stiffness. It’s the feel of the pedals under the foot. I am going to try other pedals as well.

Which shoes did you find best MSP?

MSP

I think I would have preferred the kestrel, but the largest size they made was just a bit too small for me, once I got up to a couple of hours riding they started getting quite sore. The 2fo clip fitted nice enough, but the upper was way too uncompromising and uncomfortable, the upper on the clip lite was a little better, but the change to a narrower toe box **** them up for me. I am also not keen on the spesh BG sole tilt.

I have actually ended up sticking with some giro terraduro, but that is mainly for the upper fit. I certainly wouldn’t classify them as xc shoe stiff.

But then that is not the point of any of these shoes, they are designed to be able to do a bit of hike a bike when needed. I find matching them up with some pedals with a platform works quite well, ie crank bothers mallet DH or enduro.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I’ve got them. Plenty stiff enough. I went to them from an xc shoe and didn’t notice a huge difference in stiffness.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Specialized 2fo clip less shoes.’ is closed to new replies.