• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by br.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Specialized 2Bliss tyres – any good and tough enough?
  • br
    Free Member

Following on from my UST thread (which if the search worked properly I'd link to…), someone mention Specialized 2Bliss tyres.

Now having had a search its seems they're tubeless ready, reasonably light and about half the price of Nobby Nic's.

But since I ripped 2 Bontrager TLR's this week on Chiltern flint, are they going to be tough enough?

Bendigo
    Free Member

I've been pleasantly surprised by a set of purgatory's I've been running. They are towards the heavier end of the range and seem pretty durable. I was worried they'd be flimsy after a HR but seem fine. They've not been on any flint yet but have stood up to being ragged around the peaks.

They sealed very easily for me on a 317 with a rim strip so I imagine they'll be even better on a UST rim and went up with a track pump.

I'm only a relatively new user of them but impressed with them so far.

Hope that helps!

freeform5spot
    Free Member

love and really rate them in the UK, fell waaaaaaaaaaay short of the mark in the Alps.

matt_bl
    Free Member

I've used a pair for over a year, riding in the Peak, the lakes and around Lancashire.

They went up easily on UST rims, stayed up and have never caused a minutes trouble. At the time I was 16-17 stone and running c.25-30 psi.

Highly recommended by me.

Matt

[edited for poor spelling]

br
    Free Member

Matt, which model?

I was looking at The (S-Works) Captain.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Specialized 2Bliss tyres – any good and tough enough?’ is closed to new replies.