Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Special diets for visitors
  • Cougar

If you'd intentionally ordered the last vegetarian meal in the place, knowing that your friend would be stuck, then I'd agree with him that it's a crappy thing to do. If OTOH he was arguing that you'd deprived some non-existant veggie who might or might not arrive later, you're absolutely in the right, that's lunacy.

Cougar

Jon > problem?

aracer
    Free Member

The quote in the OP is quite clearly from a septic – which does explain a lot. I'm just bothered that if I went round I'd like to have a drink rather than a beverage.

Don't get me going on spinach and ricotta cannelloni.

Bad, bad example – almost as bad as claiming veggie lasagne is as good as the proper version. I rarely eat veggie, but that's certainly something I'd happily eat with just a tomato sauce (though if I had some bacon or ham handy I might just pop it in).

i just ate it. saw it as good manners.

Be honest. You really just like the taste of bacon.

samuri
    Free Member

Just make a normal meal for everyone, just before you serve them, pick the meat off the vegetarian's plates and put it on your own. 😉

The OP's quote sounds crazy though. They must really love cooking for all those different people otherwise I don't think they'd do it.

It's not hard really, is it, for the veggies to let the carnivores eat meat without derision, and for the meat-eaters to let the veggies enjoy a meal that's not covered in dead flesh?

All the veggies I know are completely un-militant about it and enjoy a bit of teasing as much as the next person, I don't think it bothers them to be honest.

higgo
    Free Member

If you'd intentionally ordered the last vegetarian meal in the place, knowing that your friend would be stuck, then I'd agree with him that it's a crappy thing to do.

That's not the kind of thing I'd do to a mate. I ordered it because it was tasty and I wanted to eat it. I didn't know it was the last one 'til the kitchen shouted back to the bar that there were no veggie-burgers left.

If OTOH he was arguing that you'd deprived some non-existant veggie who might or might not arrive later, you're absolutely in the right, that's lunacy.

I'd definitely deprived someone of it, they sold out pretty much every Fri evening of both. Though the next person trying to order one may well have been an omnivore (with more reasonable mates).
    He was prone to the odd bit of lunacy.

Cougar

All the veggies I know are completely un-militant about it and enjoy a bit of teasing as much as the next person, I don't think it bothers them to be honest.

I've encountered both extremes, sadly. As with many demographics, it's the vocal minority that gives the rest a bad name.

That's not the kind of thing I'd do to a mate

Sounds like he's just being arsey for the sake of it then, TBH. (-:

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Mrs PPs dad has a bistro on the South Coast. He wanted to add another veggie option to his menu, so Mrs PP cooked up 4 different meals from various books, and we went down there and had a tasting session. One wasn't so good, but one was and he put it on his menu.
    The Jamaican Bean Stew has been is second best selling dish for quite some time now.

I love it. It's proper veggie food in that it's just food made without meat, not veggie food that's trying to be meat, if you catch my drift..?

toys19
    Free Member

Hmm you lot have me seriously baffled, do you have friends? Do you know what friendship is? As I said before, I like my mates, that is why they are my mates. I do not really get any negative feelings towards them when it comes to cooking vegetarian stuff, I quite enjoy it. As they are my friends I try to please them, I guess my instinct about friends is that one is nice to them. I am frankly baffled by any other attitude. (And those of you that have seen my writing on similar threads will know that I am a pro fox hunting meat eater)

I guess for those of you that get ticked off having to make special dispensations cooking for your mates then they may not be your mates for long. Maybe this is what you are aiming for?

konabunny
    Free Member

The [person quoted by the] OP is a liar. No-one goes to that much trouble.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

are you going to have the strength to defend it from a circling pack of hungry eyed ferocious meat-eaters?

I rarely dine with hyenas…

it's the vocal minority that gives the rest a bad name.

only to those so dim as to consider all vegetarians to be the same 🙂

MrWoppit
    Free Member

let the veggies enjoy a meal that's not covered in dead flesh?

I know many vegetables who are very militant on that position…

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I know many vegetables who are very militant on that position…

it's not kind to so describe your friends 🙁

whytetrash

I'm a meateater who enjoy catering for others, go to great lengths to accomodate different requirements veggies included….but when I visit veggies they never cook me a steak…why's that?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

but when I visit veggies they never cook me a steak…why's that?

because they don't really like you 🙁

MrWoppit
    Free Member

simonfbarnes – Member

it's not kind to so describe your friends

You're so FUNNY!!

toys19
    Free Member

my veggy mate cooked me roast lamb last year, twas nice.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Special diets for visitors’ is closed to new replies.