Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Spec Enduro Carbon Expert or YT Capra pro??
  • orangefatlad
    Free Member

Real world experiences please – not interested in other bikes (its taken an age to get down to two).

Coming from an Orange Alpine 160 17″, i find the geometry confusing on both. The mediums seem quite short in the top tube (after test riding the enduro and analysing the data on the YT site). So interested if people have sized up?

In 174cm, and I’m thinking about going for a large frame (and sticking a short stem on the Enduro) but it just seems strange as I’m not exactly tall!

If i were to chose the Capra i’d sell the wheels and replace with less bling black wheels!

Bike will be used everywhere – local trails, natural trails, Wales, Scotland and Alps.

Ta
    Simon

rickon
    Free Member

I’ve got an Enduro 650b Expert, and my mate has a YT Capra Pro.

Both are large, and both fit us perfectly. We’re both around 5’11. Any taller, and we’d want an XL.

I was on a 17″ Orange Alpine Five before.

The Enduro is a great bike, and having local UK bike support has been a god send, as I’ve had problems with shocks. I got mine through Bikescene, who I’d highly recommend you have a conversation with 🙂

I didn;t go Capra purely on the case that I didn;t want to have to deal with a company in a diffeent country if something went wrong. As it is, I’ve not had a day off the bike with my shock problems being a cause – it’s been a 2 day turnaround.

They’re both incredibly similar. So you’re down to, price, build kit, support and colour.

Which ticks more boxes above for you?

wiggles
    Free Member

If you are 5’10sih or over get a large enduro.

Go to a shop and they will help you get the right size it would be crazy to just take someone’s word for it on the internet on something that costs so much… on the other hand YT 😉

I’m sure you get my point.

orangefatlad
    Free Member

Thank you both, I have had a test ride (albeit just round the car park) on the Enduro and found the medium felt cramped.

I’m lucky in that I have a few bikes in the family so do have those to fall back on if I have any problems. For the price of the Enduro I could get the Capra and some LB carbon wheels?

riklegge

For all the negativity about YT, I found the service very good. Looking at the newer posts on the UK YT Facebook page it also appears the general customer support is improving. The bike is fantastic and certainly ticks the boxes you want it for, and is excellent value. I would also recommend you go large.

Tracey

Both me and Abigale are 5′ 10″ and riding medium S Works Enduros with 35mm stems. Picking up a new S Works for Abigale in medium next week from Bike Scene. Looked at all the other options including YT and Canyon. Stuck with Speialized as the back up is second to none. Cant see the point of having a great bike but not been able to ride it for weeks on end due to poor warenty service.

rickon
    Free Member

Interesting Tracey… How proportioned are you and Abigale? Do you have long legs and shorter body? My wife’s on a medium Enduro at 5’7, as the reach is too long on a large, but the seattube is a better length 🙂

Tracey

Think our bodies and legs are normal for our hight. Never got on with any long top tubes that I’ve tried. All the bikes are set up the same with measurements from the centre of the bars to the tip of the saddle.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Spec Enduro Carbon Expert or YT Capra pro??’ is closed to new replies.