Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • (speaking of) tablets… Sumvision for 85quid – great specs,couple of good rev's
  • roady_tony
    Free Member

ebuyer link to tablet

looks pretty good for the price, and running ICS .

Anyone heard/thought/got – just use it for browsing and watching vids while camping etc.

seems to cheap to be true, esp. compared to some 200+ quid models.

spooky_b329

I’ve been looking at the Arnova 7 G2 which is around the same price…I’m trying to do some research but seem to be lacking motivation. Off to look at your Sumvision thing…

spooky_b329

At first glance the Sumvision looks better, Ice cream sandwich/Android 4 instead of 2.3 Gingerbread (I don’t really know the difference except newer is better!) and a faster processor, and some real buttons, the Arnova has on screen buttons. Also the Arnova needs some fiddling to get Google Play as it comes with its own market thing.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Can you get all the kiddie games like you can on the iPad for these things?

GW
    Free Member

800 x 480 resolution?

trail_rat
    Free Member

For camping ???

Tent – sleeping bag – roll mat – camp fire

Not sure where tablet pc fits in

GrahamS

Pretty good spec for the price. Not exactly an HD display at 480×800 tho.
    I imagine that might look quite blocky on a 7″ display.

Can you get all the kiddie games like you can on the iPad for these things?

Android Market (Google Play) has kids games in it – not the same ones as the Apple App Store but similar.

GrahamS

Tent – sleeping bag – roll mat – camp fire
    Not sure where tablet pc fits in

You can’t update Facebook with a roll mat.

mikey74
    Free Member

What is the support/update system behind those? The thing about Android is that it is open source and therefore relies on good back-up to keep it up to date and running seamlessly.

roady_tony
    Free Member

well it has its own website based that has firmware updates…
    i know its not going to be a long term investment, but considering the way Tech changes these days, for the price, if it lasts longer than a year then thats pretty cool – and for just playing on the net and music/vid watching, not like its going to suddenly stop doing that.

its got a hdmi output too, so it should be able to play HD via that, but as previously stated i thinks its weakest point is the Screen resolution.

ahhhh and its also not got ‘n’ wireless….

hmmm but neither have some of its more expensive rivals.

with these Tablet things, can you plug in a MOBILE BROADBAND dongle and access the web too? (via USB)

Cougar

Tether it to your phone?

spooky_b329

Think I’m going to preorder it… Looks good 🙂 any last minute alternatives, don’t mind spending a little more if there are noticeable improvements… Up to £150?

faz083
    Free Member

wait for kindle fire? Should be much, much better

spooky_b329

I think I’d rather stick with Android, (Kindle fire has its own OS hasn’t it) as then presumably I can use my paid apps. I’m guessing I can use a paid app on two android devices?

Cougar

Kindle Fire is Android, just Amazonified.

Paid apps are tied to your Google account, not the device. Nothing to stop you using them on multiple devices so long as you’re using the same account on both.

GrahamS

with these Tablet things, can you plug in a MOBILE BROADBAND dongle and access the web too? (via USB)

Spec says: “Supports WCDMA / CDMA EVDO (external 3G Dongle required)” so I’d take that as a yes, though you might be able to just tether it to your phone as Cougar says.

its got a hdmi output too, so it should be able to play HD via that, but as previously stated i thinks its weakest point is the Screen resolution.

That spec doesn’t actually say if it outputs FullHD on the HDMI. You may or may not be able to play 1080 HD movies from it.

roady_tony
    Free Member

preorder? i did not even see that – i assumed it was ready to go as it was already heavily discounted.
    i’m about to push the BUY button myself – just trying to see if there is an in car charger for it somewhere….

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘(speaking of) tablets… Sumvision for 85quid – great specs,couple of good rev's’ is closed to new replies.