Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • SPD shoes that fit like Salomon?
  • nedrapier

Settled on Salomon snowboard boots and hiking boots – I’ve got low volume feet, narrow heels, wide-ish across the ball of the foot, and Salomon’s boots fit better than anyone else’s.

Who’s idea of a foot shape does this correspond with in the SPD shoe world?

Any pointers on which brands to start with, and which I’d be wasting my time with?

Cheers!

dragon
    Free Member

Mavic are part of the same company so you could try them as a first start.

climbingkev
    Free Member

I like Salomon due to the fit, I also like my Tevas due to the fit. Prob still half price at JE James due to them being discontinued. UK10 in both.

nedrapier

Cheers dragon, my first thought was that being owned by the same company wasn’t likely to mean much, but the shoes have salomon stuff all over them -contragrip soles, lacing doohickeys etc.

Shoes look alright too, definitely one to start with, cheers!

Amer Sports group produces products under seven flagship brands: Salomon, Wilson, Precor, Suunto, Atomic, Mavic and Arc’teryx (the latter two having previously been subsidiaries of Salomon when under the ownership of Adidas).[13] Other smaller brands held by the group include Volant, Nikita, Bonfire and DeMarini.

The company began life as a tobacco manufacturer and distributor, Amer-Tupakka, in 1950[3] and acquired the right to produce and sell Philip Morris cigarettes in Finland in 1961.[4] In the 1960s, the significant profits from the company’s tobacco interests were invested in three commercial ships.[4] A publishing and printing division was added in 1970 with the purchase of the Finnish company Weilin+Göös, and the company listed on the Helsinki Stock Exchange in 1977, four years after changing its name to Amer-Yhtymä (English: Amer Group).[3] In the 1980s, Amer moved into the vehicle import industry by acquiring the firm Korpivaara, and with it the exclusive rights to import and distribute such brands as Citroën and Toyota.[4] The decade also saw the company expand into the textiles and plastics markets.

nedrapier

cheers kev. I’ve tried on their Links before, and wasn’t that jazzed. i’ll try some others.

Kuco

I own several pairs of Salomon and recently got some Mavic’s and the Mavics come up slightly smaller.

peteimpreza

I wear Salomon shoes for daily work/casual use and Specialized for cycling.

I find the fit similar.

nedrapier

Ace, cheers guys. plenty to go at with both of them. how do Giro compare in fir to these? The preening dandy in me quite fancies the Republic…

whippersnapper
    Free Member

I’ve been wanting some salomon type shoes but for flats instead of spds. A mid/boot with flat sole and the lacing doohickeys would be ace please Salomon/Mavic.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve got low volume feet, narrow heels, wide-ish across the ball of the foot, and Salomon’s boots fit better than anyone else’s.

Sound like mine. Salmon walking shoes fit me better than anything else.

For cycling shoes I go for Shimano or Specialized. Shimano look really narrow, but somehow still manage to fit me really well despite me being wide across the mid foot. Spesh fit like a glove. I have some Northwave shoes that are great shoes but too narrow across the mid and too wide at the heel.. still I put up with that cos they are top notch warm winter road boots and cost me £30 on clearance 🙂

nedrapier

Well I tried on giro, spesh and mavic. Road Mavics felt lovely (no mtb shoes in) , and I like the look of the Alpine XL, so I might order them and see how I get on.

Cheers all!

honourablegeorge

whippersnapper – Member
    I’ve been wanting some salomon type shoes but for flats instead of spds

Salomon made noise about their shoes being good for flat pedal use at one point, one of the mags reviewd a set.

Edit – here

http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/category/clothing/shoes/product/review-salomon-xa-pro-3d-ultra-2-shoes-12-46211/

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘SPD shoes that fit like Salomon?’ is closed to new replies.