Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • spd problem
  • cocker
    Free Member

tried shimano spd’s for a few months last year,and just couldnt get comfy with them,and suffered a bit of knee pain in my left leg.
    so i went back to flats until the new year,when someone suggested time atac pedals.
    although i feel more in control of the bike,i cant seam to keep up with a couple of my mates who i generally don’t struggle to.they feel perfectly comfy until we start to pick the pace up,and then i just can’t get the power what i’d normally have.(resulting in my knees aching after the ride)
    so i’ve switched back to some cheap flats i had in the garage,and i’m able to keep up again quite easily.
    anyone else had this?
    am i doing something wrong,or should i just treat my self to some new flat pedals and call it quits?

thanks

tehtehtehteh
    Free Member

the thing I’ve heard a lot is that speedplay pedals are good for people who get knee pain

nickdavies

You need to spend time setting them up, if flats work for you then use flats.
    I’ve always used them but started having knee issues last year. Took a while but back to comfort again now, for me it involved dropping saddle and moving it back a bit, cleats back and in and angle heels in slightly, change cranks to 170 and learning how to ride smoothly!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘spd problem’ is closed to new replies.