Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Sparks – advice please?
  • jonke
    Free Member

Anyone out there that can offer some advice? I just has a powercut. Checked the fusebox and that had tripped. So I reset and it trips again a few seconds later. I think its an RCD switch which supports 2 further trip switches for I think 2 ring mains. If i then disable one of these ring main switches it no longer trips. Is it time to call someone in or is there some simple troubleshooting I can do first that won’t result in my certain cack handed death?

wwaswas

unplug everything that’s attached to that circuit and see if it still trips?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

unplug everything from that ring main and see if it still trips

andyl
    Free Member

what is the offending ring powering? If it’s sockets I’d go disconnect anything plugged in for starters.

bikebouy
    Free Member

There you go..

RustyMac

Take a look round the ring that seems to be causing you problems and see if there is anything obviously wrong with the ring main (cracked/damaged socket, charred socket, wet socket etc etc). If you find nothing wrong you could try switching off the power at the fuse box and swaping the trip switch that is tripping with another of the same value to test that.

jonke
    Free Member

Its the washing machine!

jonke
    Free Member

thanks for input from everyone btw. Especially bikebuoy. Couldn’t have done it without you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Sparks – advice please?’ is closed to new replies.