Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Spare Turner Axles?
  • Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I’ve tried the WTD section, but it doesn’t see as much traffic. Apologies if you’ve seen this before.

I’m after axles for a DW sultan. Mine are ovalised with wear.

Silverfish doesn’t have any, and turner doesnt have any. They don’t appear to know when they will get any in. Are there any turner owners out there that have some spares lurking?

Trailseeker
    Free Member

Do you mean pivot shafts or 142mm axles?

sam_underhill

My DW burner and czar both have DT swiss RWS thru-axles. I don’t think they are propitiatory.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Sorry chaps, I’ve been less then clear with my terminology. It’s pivot shafts I need, specifically DW shafts.

sam_underhill

oh… Balls. Turner don’t have any? That’s annoying. I’ve bought rebuild kits from them in the past as it was quicker and faster to buy direct.

Did they indicate when they will be available? I hope it’s not a indicative of their move to bearings and so no longer having spares for the old bushing frames.

Junkyard
    Free Member

will turner give you the specs so you can have some made up?

Perhaps a CNCer/latheist on here can help out?

Hadge
    Free Member

Are these just specific to the Czar or are they applicable to all current DW Turners? If there’s a big enough demand for them it’s always something we could manufacture at BETD. If anyone can help please email me at paul@betd.co.uk

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I’ve asked turner when they are due back in and I’ve had radio silence back, which in my multitudinous dealings with a great many companies at work is basically ‘we don’t know’.

Hadge, DW link pivot shafts are common across all DW models except for the DH bike. I would have thought that small unit manufacturing is going to make them prohibitively expensive no?

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Hi Scienceofficer

We are indeed out of stock of the axles at the moment and, like you, we’re struggling for an ETA from Turner.
    However, drop me a mail directly, I’m pretty certain I have some here that are used but great condition that I can float your way.

drop me a mail richie @ silverfish – uk . com (remove all spaces)

Hadge
    Free Member

We’ve made bolts for bikes like Yeti 575’s and some Iron Horse models and they weren’t expensive really and being stainless they are better quality too.

granny_ring

Good service from BETD.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Richie, YGM.

granny_ring

Oh and Richie!
    Bit piss poor from Turner tho.

renton
    Free Member

Are these what you are after ……

These came off my 2011 5 Spot as I thought they were oversized as the suspension was so stiff. Turns out that’s normal for a 5 Spot.

Anyway as you can see they are in good condition but do show some signs of wear at the ends.

You are welcome to them for postage.

Cheers.

Steve.

nickjb
    Free Member

Renton, I’m sure the OP will have those but if by any chance they don’t I’d be very interested. They fit mine 😀

Onzadog
    Free Member

Surely, if Renton sends them to Hadge, then everyone can win.

Junkyard
    Free Member

what he said send them to renton who can then send them on and then we can all get some if we need some more

Win win for everyone really

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Agreed!

renton
    Free Member

I’m quite happy to send them anywhere if they can heklp out fellow bikerists !!

My email is in profile if anyone needs it.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I’ll speak to hadge.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Good work all

rone

Be useful to get some 3rd party ones. I have various numbers for the Igus bush replacements. I’m not sure what Turner are playing at currently. There always seems to be back order on the linkages too – thread over at mtbr.

rone

I’ve got a full set of shafts for the czar / flux I could send them to Paul too. Will check my inventory. In my experience your better to buy parts from Turner/SF when you don’t need them and when they’re in stock such is the demand when you do need them!

rone

Oh and finally the DT Swiss axel’s are proprietary unfortunately.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Bugger! What’s proprietary about them? I thought it was a common M12 x1.75 thread on the end.

Hadge
    Free Member

Rone if you have any part numbers for the Igus bushes and those shafts I’d appreciate any help so we can make them/source them. Wish I’d still got my 5 Spot now grrrrr. I just want keep you guys rolling as there’s nothing worse than not being able find parts to keep the bike going. We were kindly loaned a mech hanger and want plan get those made now. If you guys could contact me on my works email addy paul@betd.co.uk then it keeps everything in the same place. Cheers guys too.

rone

Bugger! What’s proprietary about them? I thought it was a common M12 x1.75 thread on the end.

I’m sure you can’t buy the DT Swiss version after market(unless direct). So you could use a maxel but i understand won’t find the DT Swiss one Turner have made.

http://forums.mtbr.com/turner/thread-pitch-dt-142×12-rear-axle-2013-5-spot-1001944.html

rone

52 x JFI-0809-04 (clevis iirc)
    26 x JFI-0809-08 (main pivot)
    52 x JFI-1011-08 (DW for Czar)
    http://www.igus.co.uk/iPro/iPro_02_0017_0000_GBen.htm?c=GB&l=en

For info.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Hadge I’ve emailed you. The availability of what is a wearing part is shocking. Clear opportunity for you guys

rone

Onza I shouldn’t have said proprietary; I meant it’s a special trade order. Your numbers are correct.

Paul I sent you the Igus info.

rone

There is another thread along the same lines where we found shims on eBay for reducing lateral play which affects the system after a lot of miles.

Turner included shims on the later linkages.

My Czar has done over 8000 miles without major replacements. I did upgrade the Flux to a one piece set.

renton
    Free Member

I still have the axles if someone wants to cover the postage costs.

Also sounds these of they are of any use….

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Well, this has moved on a bit. It doesn’t look like I need to email Hadge anymore.

mactheknife

Renton, if nobody else wants them ill take them off your hands.

Much appreciated. email in profile.

Also rone, do you have any more info on these shims??

mendippete
    Free Member

I am after some upper DW bushes and shafts for my Sultan 2011 if any one else has some.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Spare Turner Axles?’ is closed to new replies.