Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Spannering question: 15mm front hub and centrelock rotors?
  • overthehill
    Free Member

Just building a new bike, and am a bit stumped in terms of tightening up the front disc rotor:

The front wheel’s a 15mm hub (DT Swiss M1600) with centrelock rotors. Problem I’ve found is that there isn’t enough space for my cassette lockring tool to engage the rotor lockring (because the hub flange is in the way). Can anybody both

– understand what I’m trying to explain; and
    – offer a solution?

cheers

Pridds

Had the same problem myself fitting a Magura rotor to a saint hub. The fins on the rotor stuck out so I couldn’t get the tool to engage, the way I got round it ( and ought to work for you) was to use a socket tool that fits over the top of the lock ring and gives you a bit of depth to work with
    Something like this
    Crc

overthehill
    Free Member

thanks for your advice on this, Pridds.

Your link doesn’t seem to work, though…?

Pridds

Have just re rEad that and it might not the case. Shimano only use the cassette lock ring on the qr wheels and use a different locking on the 15 and 20mm ones that you use an external bb tool that look like this

Pridds
    druidh
    Free Member

Pridds has the answer with that different lockring. DT Swiss do one very similar and I’m surprised that there wasn’t one supplied with the hubs.

overthehill
    Free Member

thanks chaps; I’ll check the bits and bobs that came with the wheels to see if there’s an oversize lockring in there, but thought they were only supplied with a 6 bolt adaptor.

Failing that I’ll get hold of a new one. Seem to be quite rare based on a quick google

thanks again

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Spannering question: 15mm front hub and centrelock rotors?’ is closed to new replies.