Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, wonderful SPAM
  • Murray

My 9 year old daughter spotted a tin of Spam in the supermarket and having only come across it in the context of emails wanted to know what it is.

I now have a tin of it getting dusty in the cupboard. I think my daughter should eat it having forced me to buy it.

Any suggestions for Spam recipes or should I just make spam fritters?

seosamh77
    Free Member

Warburtons thick white toastie bread, lashing of butter/spread, 1cm thick chunk of spam, fold piece in half. Magical!

if you want to get fancy you can toast the bread. 🙂

frankconway

Fritters.

tomhoward

Fritters
    Or fried then served with scrambled eggs and toast/hash browns is my Saturday morning treat

sbob
    Free Member

seosamh77 – Member

Warburtons

Tory bastard! 🙂

ads678

Fried Spam and egg sandwich is great. Your choice of sauce (or not) I have brown but that red kids sauce will probably be ok!!
    Always take a tin of spam camping to have for breakfast.

seosamh77
    Free Member

sbob – Member
    seosamh77 – Member
    Warburtons

Tory bastard!

😆 best white breed oot.

fried spam sounds brutal btw! 😆

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Slice into 1cm thick slices
    Coat in a mix bread crumbs with a bit of black pepper, some dried sage and pinch of mustard.
    Lightly pan fry in a touch of butter to set the crumbs
    Place in oven on a tray at low heat to hear through. Serve with mash and Savoy cabbage.

Murray

Just spotted sweet and sour Spam on the SpamUK site. Food of the goods (minor gods obviously).

jolmes
    Free Member

White bread, butter, slices of spam & Ketchup on top. Gonna get some spam on the way home mmmm

ads678

fried spam sounds brutal btw!

You can do it a dry pan or with minimal oil just to stop it sticking. It tends to provide its own lubrication…

Gary_M
    Free Member

Slice of spam, slice of cheddar, stick under the grill – serve with mashed potatoes and peas.

myti
    Free Member

I was served chunks of spam in a pork belly noodle soup type dish the other day (It had real pork in too) from the non western part of a Chinese restaurant menu. Wasn’t expecting it but it was fairly edible.

drlex
    Free Member

Shirley Lobster Thermidor aux crevettes with a Mornay sauce, garnished with truffle pâté, brandy and a fried egg on top…

… and Spam

trailwagger
    Free Member

every child should endure experience spam fritters at least once

sharkbait
    Free Member

My lunch today was three slices of spam each about 1cm thick between two slices of buttered M&S white bread and a generous dollop of small chunk Branston Pickle.

Thank you.

sofaking
    Free Member

splash out on some bacon grill next time

burt
    Free Member

Cut into large chunks, grab fishing gear, go Barbel fishing.

somafunk

Seems you can find Spam everywhere these days.

Spam found in Mariana trench

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Lobster thermidor aux crevettes with a Mornay sauce, garnished with a truffle pate and brandy, with a fried egg on top and spam.

[video]https://youtu.be/anwy2MPT5RE[/video]

bearnecessities

Slice into 1cm thick slices
    Coat in a mix bread crumbs with a bit of black pepper, some dried sage and pinch of mustard.
    Lightly pan fry in a touch of butter to set the crumbs
    Place in oven on a tray at low heat to hear through. Serve with mash and Savoy cabbage

I’ve never eaten spam, but that makes me really want to.

Russell96

Fried in batter

hols2
    Free Member

I have a friend from Hawaii who has another friend who keeps trying his hand at running restaurants, but invariably fails before too long. Anyway, I just had breakfast at his latest place and he was kind enough to provide a helping of fried spam complements of the house. I really tried my best to politely refuse, but bloody Hawaiians think it’s like caviar or something. Disgusting vile stuff. This same thing happens to me about every five years, then I forget and get sloppy and end up in the same situation again where I have to choose between shutting up and eating the awful stuff or offending people. I think from now on I’m just going to tell them straight up that they shouldn’t be serving that garbage to humans.

I just can’t understand how you could take pig meat, add salt, and not wind up with something as delicious as bacon. Why don’t Hawaiians just make bacon their national dish instead. Then people might start liking the bloody cuisine.

Kryton57

Just add pickle .

hols2
    Free Member

I’m not a big fan of pickles, but why not just eat the pickle and throw the spam in the garbage where it belongs.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, wonderful SPAM’ is closed to new replies.