Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Spain
  • Kuco

Can anyone recommend a company to go with or to avoid in Spain? Looking at all mountain rather than just DH.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

CicloMontana – been twice, loved it.

fadda

Just booked with them for March – I CAN’T WAIT!

iffoverload
    Free Member
    bob_summers

BasqueMTB gets great reviews, I haven’t been on his holidays but can certainly vouch for the local trails!
    The link says it all.

MTB Travel Guide: Basque Country

rc200f8
    Free Member

+1 for ciclomontana, just booked again for may.

iffoverload
    Free Member

Basque mtb doug has a few pics on PB here

http://www.pinkbike.com/u/DougBasqueMTB/

weather may be variable there this time of year!

mogrim

weather may be variable there this time of year!

This! When are you planning on going?

doug_basqueMTB.com

Hey guys, thanks for the recommendations. We are shut until April for the Basque coast and March for the Backcountry Pyrenees. That’s because we get a proper winter here and I wouldn’t take people knowing the chance of bad weather. We do AM trips with a van for uplifting duties. Hope that helps. Thanks again for the mentions.

bob_summers

Agree on the variable bit. About 10º today, was mid 20s when I was out on xmas eve. But it’s been clear and sunny the last few rides.
    Anyways, we need a bit of rain for the mud and abundant lethal roots and rocks 😈

Candodavid
    Free Member

Provisionally booked joyriders in May and now they can’t take us 🙁

rickmeister

+1 for Ciclo… xc / techy /dh with great coffe, tapas and guiding,

I dont know how they do it for the meney…

Candodavid
    Free Member

Has anyone done switch-backs enduro riding?
    If so what’s it really like, can you do on a 140mm hardtail?

Kuco

Thanks for the replies 🙂

mtbtomo
    Free Member

One of the guys I went with had a Kinesis hardtail with a Pike on the front. He was a seriously good rider though, at the front of the group regardless of how rocky it got.

clareymorris

Another one for Ciclo Montana here. Epic riding and people 😀

iffoverload
    Free Member

Spain is very rocky, you can ride anything just fine, but a week of riding a HT would leave me feeling pretty beat up, deff a full suss IMO.

Candodavid
    Free Member

140mm hardtail, steel, it’ll be right

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

Based right on the beach with plenty of Winter sun to enjoy.
    Stunning singletrack rides with plenty of bus uplift during the day & fun après-bike on the coast at night.
    http://www.sierracycling.com fantastic biking since 1992.

giantjason
    Free Member

+1 for Ciclo Montana.

Great trails, brilliant hospitality and lots of food go down a treat!

spanishbarry
    Free Member

+1 sierra cycling the routes are fantastic

cakeeater
    Free Member

Highly recommend switch backs in Bubion for all mountain riding. Michael and Dave are top blokes. Guarantee you’ll have a great time.
    http://switch-backs.com/bubion/

missinglink
    Free Member

+1 for BasqueMtb.
    Amazing riding and guiding by Doug!

Marin
    Free Member

biking andalucia out of Orgiva are good in my opinion. Back out with them end of Feb. Come on sunshine. Winter here is rubbish without lots of cold weather and snow on the hills.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Cheers missinglink, much appreciated! Always good fun riding with you guys 🙂

bones76
    Free Member

If there still going check out Freeride spain, went with them couple years back and had a fantastic week with some brilliant riding and good company, and you were made to feel really welcome by lead guide Simon and his family.

wool

Ciclo everytime you don’t need to know any other oh the pool has been upgraded to nice and warm

mtbtomo
    Free Member

+1 for Freeridespain (if it has to be Spain)

Cheezpleez

Had a great time with Switchbacks. More riding up than I would have chosen tbh but loved it all the same. Great trails and good guiding

tmb467
    Free Member

Went with Ride Sierra Nevada a few years ago

I’d go back – great trails and nice people

Yetiman
    Free Member

Our group has been going with Ciclo Montana for about 15 years now….the trails, people, accomodation, location and food are all fantastic.

Swayndo
    Free Member

I’ve been 4 times with Ciclo and love it. 4 of us going to Morocco with Marco in April this year.

Mid travel FS is the sensible choice, but I’m gonna try my 29er HT with fat tyres this time. Wish I’d taken my Dialled Alpine when I had it … something like that would be perfect too.

FuzzyWuzzy

+1 for Ride Sierra Nevada

lulubel
    Free Member

I haven’t used Sierra Cycling, but I live in the area they’re based in, and I can confirm the routes are fantastic.

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

I haven’t used Sierra Cycling, but I live in the area they’re based in, and I can confirm the routes are fantastic.

Lulubel, You are welcome to join us for a ride any time. We will be out riding everyday until July.

davidisaacs
    Free Member

Thanks for the mention Greg (Marin)Please check us out too at
    http://www.bikingandalucia.com
    in Orgiva
    unbeatable in terms of value, trails etc
    Can´t go wrong!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

try sticking some of the companies mentioned into google, or the advanced search function on this site. Youll find plenty of threads and reviews, and company owners that use public forums to promote their business at no cost can expect honest feedback.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Ciclo Montana.

Went last year and booked the return trip once we’d virtually set foot again in the UK!

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Spain’ is closed to new replies.