Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Spa hotels / hotels with a pool in the peaks/Derbyshire ish??
  • RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Last minute wedding anniversary weekend booking required!

Must have a pool and nice food it seems!

Any ideas? Anywhere within an hour of derby would be ok.

Many thanks!

cb

Breadsall Priory (sp) Marriott I think

MoreCashThanDash

Breadsall is our nearest and dearest. If it’s good enough for the England wendyballers….

dvatcmark
    Free Member

Some good trails round breadsall too…….

MoreCashThanDash

…some of them legal…. 8)

woody21
    Free Member

How about this one – http://www.losehillhouse.co.uk/ – it is probably just over the hour from Derby. Located in the Hope – so you have got all the trails around Ladybower etc. I haven’t been myself but I have heard good reports

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Yeah I might need to check out breadsall thingy.

Losehillhouse I did look at but they’ve got no availability when we need it (it’s also 3 min from my brother’s house and my usual biking ground so might feel less special).

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Take a look at Hoar Cross Hall. Breadsall is great for Golf, not aware of its reputation on its Spa facilities. My wife, who is a reasonably regular spa day goer, loves Hoar Cross Hall. She dragged me along for a day for our wedding anniversary and though I’m the worst person in the world at relaxing I was definitely properly relaxed by the end of the day – loads of facilities. I’ve been to Breadsall Priory a couple of times on work ‘away days’ and it never struck me as touting its spa facilities that much, not saying it hasn’t got any, but it’s definitely known more as a golfing venue.

Hoar Cross Hall Spa Hotel…

http://www.hoarcross.co.uk

wrightyson
    Free Member

Breadsall is overpriced! Stayed there a few times. Tried late rooms for Ringwood hall just outside of chesterfield?

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Cool, hoar cross shall be checked out.

The thing is that we live near chesterfield/sheffield so don’t want anything too close to either of them (I mentioned an hour from derby as that’s where sprog will be staying).

wrightyson
    Free Member

The old dear used to use hoar cross regularly. Always rated the spa facilities. Don’t discount breadsall completely, but if you do stay there ask to be in the original building. The newer rooms may as well be a premier in

Pook

Though it doesn’t matter for you, the last time we went to losehill the hot tub wasn’t working for our entire stay and the sauna and steam room hasn’t been warmed up when we went down the next morning before breakfast.

Breadsall is decent but not used the spa facilities so can’t comment on them. Food was excellent.

unovolo
    Free Member

Shrigley Hall, Pott Shrigley nr Macclesfield.
    Should be douable in a hour from Derby , some nice riding round that area too.

MoreCashThanDash

Might struggle to get to Shrigley in an hour, but it’s a great place, used to “have” to stay there for work in a previous life!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Spa hotels / hotels with a pool in the peaks/Derbyshire ish??’ is closed to new replies.