Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Spa Break for the Mrs…Any Ideas?
  • burnsybhoy
    Free Member

Looking to take Mrs B on a Spa Break for her 30th at the end of this month. Has to be Scotland or Northern England maybe Northern Ireland at a push. Anyone got any suggestions? Running out of time……

Bagstard
    Free Member

Bath is lovely, but nowhere near where you want to go, sorry.

scaredypants

Well, I guess Glentress, Innerleithen are the obvious choices. Depends a bit where you’re dropping her off

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mefty
    Free Member

Stobo Castle is close to Glentress, was described as a bit of a conveyor belt by those in the know, but my wife was happy with it. We stayed at the Windlestraw Lodge which is in Walkerburn. Dropped the wife off at Stobo, went to Glentress for the day, showered and then picked the wife up. Drinks by the fire followed by a great meal. Worked for me, worked for her.

peterfile
    Free Member

The spa owned by Cameron House (De Vere hotel on Loch Lomond) is great.

A friend of mine is GM at Cameron House, let me know if you want to stay over too and I’ll ask if there are any deals to be had.

The Carrick

burnsybhoy
    Free Member

Cheers guys keep em coming…

peterfile that would be great. Unfortunately I need to spend the break with her. So it’s not a case of getting away to play.

nosemineb
    Free Member

Ive just booked at Langdale spa in the lakes. Looks great 😀

thegreatape
    Free Member

Crieff Hydro?

organic355
    Free Member

The Spa at Blytheswood square (Glasgow) is defo worth a visit, was there at the weekend. Hotel food and spa were awesome.

http://www.townhousecompany.com/blythswoodsquare/spa/

burnsybhoy
    Free Member

Was looking at Crieff Hydro is it any good?

…organic355 should of said just moved away from Glasgow city before Xmas so looking a little further afield.

loum
    Free Member

Whinfell forest centre parcs (Cumbria) has a spa. Not been to that one but my wife loved the spa at the Longleat one.

burnsybhoy
    Free Member

loum thanks, we actually have a family holiday at the end of April at Cente Parcs (Whinfell) and she’s pre booked that for us last night.

This is just a wee surprise from me. A Spa would be great but it’s not a deal breaker more of a getaway as we’re getting a break from the kids.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Was looking at Crieff Hydro is it any good?

Have only been once, and just for a day, but it seems nice. That said, part of the appeal to us is that there’s loads for kids, which we have, so are perhaps a different market to what you are?

burnsybhoy
    Free Member

[quoteHave only been once, and just for a day, but it seems nice. That said, part of the appeal to us is that there’s loads for kids, which we have, so are perhaps a different market to what you are[/quote]

Yeah I have twins but we’re planning on having a kid free night.

thegreatape
    Free Member

The only other one I have any experience of (having sent Mrs TGA there for her 30th birthday) is One Spa Edinburgh which she said was excellent. I took the children to the zoo, which was also nice, but I suspect less relaxing.

saleem
    Free Member

Turnberry or Inverlochy castle? Galgorm manor NI, there’s lots of spa hotels in county Cork. If you go onto IMC you’ll find some nice hotels in Scotland, Airds hotel used to be good too.

AndyP
    Free Member

Yes, it’s in the dark place, but it’s also very nice.
    http://www.titanicspa.com/

hora
    Free Member

Why not take her to this Spar in the Lakes?

hels
    Free Member

Crieff Hydro is ace, but does remind me of the Hotel in The Shining.

burnsybhoy
    Free Member

Not so good hels…lol

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Have you signed up for Groupon? A lot of their offers seem to be for spa-hotel type breaks that will be targeted at your locality.

scruff
    Free Member

Langdale is great, smack bang in the middle of loads of great trails aswell.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Spa Break for the Mrs…Any Ideas?’ is closed to new replies.