• This topic has 83 replies, 65 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by D0NK.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 84 total)
  • So…Who manned up and rode in this morning?
  • Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

Aquaplaned the road bike through a foot of water this morning down the Portway in Bristol, but as much as it was grim, it was fun too.

Was gentle on the cobbles though, for obvious reasons.

Was nice to have an empty changing room and bike locking stand too 🙂

Anyone else battle through the wild stuff this morning?

scruff
    Free Member

Waterproof everything, headcap, hi vis and lights on.

bruneep

Still bed. 😀

tonyd

Tuesday to Thursday only for me, hopefully it’ll let up a bit after today!

binners

I’d planned to ride in, then saw the weather forecast last night, and thought ‘**** that!’

Autumn was nice while it lasted though. All 6 days of it. Best baton down the hatches until it stops raining next May

EDIT: if my mind hadn’t already been made up, it would have been at 3.30 this morning, when I was awoken by the sound of wheely bins being blown down the road 😯

franki
    Free Member

Yup.
    Waterproofs proved not to be, though…

eoghan
    Free Member

Forgot spare socks.

Fundamental, schoolboy, etc.

andyl
    Free Member

The trails were so nice on Saturday but my mate didn’t want to go out for a ride so I went out walking with the dog instead….and now this! 😥

…see you guys in March….

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

Binners, we had a member of staff email saying he was WFH because his train had been cancelled due to the rain.

I emailed back saying ‘see him next July’.

leythervegas
    Free Member

The mrs phoned in sick so I had a choice of car or bike. Afraid to say I fannied out and drove.

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

Dammit eoghan, I knew there had to be a simpler way of not having to wear wet socks for the ride home!

jonny2x4
    Free Member

Yes! Plenty of 6 inch deep puddles to contend with, was soaked through. I’ve got proper mudguards but the front one seems to direct all the water onto my feet so my trainers are creating a nice damp patch on the office carpet now.

Other than that, enjoyable!

bex
    Free Member

Great opportunity to try out new Endurance deluge overshoes. Awesome result

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

What do people use for their road bikes mudguard wise? I’ve no eyelets I might add.

barn
    Free Member

Yep.
    70 mile club ride yesterday too.
    Have still got crinkly ‘bath fingers’.

ratherbeintobago

Contemplating going out in it later…

Rorschach
    Free Member

Still in bed
    Might go out later (Lie mode engaged).

BenjiM

Rode in. However my Endura Stelath Lites appear to have sprung several leaks and no response from Endura Warranty dept. after a week 🙁

soobalias
    Free Member

training straight after work tonight means no riding on Monday.

StirlingCrispin

Me.
    What’s the fuss? (It’s just overcast in Stirling 8) )

BenjiM

What do people use for their road bikes mudguard wise? I’ve no eyelets I might add.

Crud RoadRacer

barn
    Free Member

@ Neil_Bolton – Member

Race Blades keep the worst off, but no substitute for full-on SKS jobbies (maybe try mounting the latter with P-Cips?)

fuzzhead
    Free Member

Rode yesterday, rode into work today. Shoes still wet from yesterday….

flange
    Free Member

Nobody at 21a risked it this morning. Even Smasher got the train in although he says it’s because he’s tapering for CYB….

flyingmonkeycorps

I’m supposed to be out on the local trails after work tonight. I fear I may be rather lonely…

stufive
    Free Member

yup wasnt so bad actually..got blown sideways a few times and got here dry, im expecting the return journey to be hellish :0

monksie
    Free Member

I did. No other choice. I don’t have a car and I’m not getting on the peasant wagon for anybody. 7 miles of the A6 through Stockport was interesting but no near deaths until I turned into the work car park and a dozy sod in a Golf nearly did for me.
    All good fun.

kevj
    Free Member

Yip, and I took the scenic route! Cant seem to warm up now though!

stimpy
    Free Member

Absolutely rode in. Rule #9 and #5.

ski
    Free Member

Na, I always dry warm up my cycling clobber after a commute in 🙄

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i wasn’t gonna let a bit of water stop me from making my first commute on my new roadrat i picked up on saturday.
    and to be fair, it wasn’t actually that bad, but it’s only 4 miles into the centre of manchester on pretty flat roads.
    not fitted mudguards yet either, so i did get a bit wet but we have showers here at my work and plenty of secret spots to dry clothes out (the perks of working in IT support- access to rooms that nobody else can get into)…

spangelsaregreat
    Free Member

Yes, got totally soaked……in sweat. on the turbo. in the shed.

disco_stu
    Free Member

I rode in but discovered when I got into work that my work shirt was still at home, ended up riding home to pick up the shirt and then head back to work again – I do this about once per year shame it couldnt have happended on a nicer day!

acidchunks

Man up? Nah, I just rode in as normal.

But I live in Manchester and the weather is always like this…

camo16
    Free Member

Yes, I rode in.

Forgot spare socks.

This ^^^^ is my downfall today. Trench foot looms. 😥

GaryLake
    Free Member

Yup made it! I had my reservations but I later found out my wife had to turn around and come home due to flooding to work from home. And when I got to this, I felt smug albeit moist. Normally no traffic this far up until at least an hour later…

matt22
    Free Member

Not me I work on an oil rig

TiRed

Not today, day off. A light sprinkle of rain is no excuse. Mudguards and a decent jacket are all that’s needed. Will be riding tomorrow. And the day after… (I don’t have a car)

Forgot spare socks.

The Schoolboy error, is not keeping a spare set at work all the time, for just such commando emergencies. Although I did once spend a day walking around our open plan office in road cleats and a suit after a shoe/commute mix up after the holidays.

kevj
    Free Member

matt22 – Member

Not me I work on an oil rig

What tyres for the North Sea?

warton
    Free Member

me, not bad really, but it hadn’t hit Newcastle really, and the wind was on my back. not looking forward to getting home though…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘So…Who manned up and rode in this morning?’ is closed to new replies.