• This topic has 15 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by colp.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Southport air show – Vulcan
  • colp

Hi, does anybody know if the Vulcan will be flying up the Mersey on it’s way to the Southport air show tomorrow?
    Can’t find flight path info so far.

iain1775
    Free Member

Apparently it’s flying over the Runcorn bridge (11.45 I think)

colp

They’ve cancelled the bridge flyover for health and safety apparently.

crazy-legs

I’ll be on my way over to Southport shortly. 🙂
    Vulcan & Red Arrows flypast at 2pm, then Vulcan display. Normally Google alerts flags up its flight path but not had anything so far.

The @xh558 Twitter is normally pretty good for tracking and flight info as well.

Rich_s

There’s a comment on the cancellation thread (FB) which talks about the RV for them being 10km off Prestatyn.

If you line up from there to Southport it’s pretty much a straight run, and hopefully close to Wirral (crosses fingers etc).

However, the arrows’ route is from Belgium and I honestly can’t see how they’ll miss the Mersey, unless it’s via Hawarden and up the Welsh side of the Dee (Vulcan used that route going home from Rhyl).

Rich_s
    colp

Cool. Off to Woodside Ferry for coffee and a good view point.

lodious
    Free Member

They’ve cancelled the bridge flyover for health and safety apparently.

A wise move…if that thing came down in the centre of Runcorn it could do tens of pounds worth of damage.

marthall
    Free Member

if that thing came down in the centre of Runcorn it could do tens thousands of pounds worth of damage improvements

Fixed

withersea
    Free Member

Saw it fly by(e) nearnorth leeds/Harrogate yesterday, epic viewing. If you ever want to see one very close go to the aviation museum just outside Norwich airport, only then do you appreciate the size of the best and how stupidly small the cockpit is!

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

I’ll miss it, at work at Stockport until 3.

MrOvershoot

jonnytheleyther – Member

I’ll miss it, at work at Stockport until 3.

Past tense I’m afraid, the Vulcan was yesterday

crazy-legs

Cracking display yesterday, one of the best I’ve seen. He had it almost fully inverted on the wingover.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrGFKDjg98I[/video]

(not my video, just one of many on Youtube following yesterday’s flight).
    Lots of good still pics on @XH558, @rafredarrows and @southportair twitter feeds.

The flypast with the Red Arrows was lovely, the whole crowd gave it a standing ovation.

duncancallum

I sat on formby beach up on a dune. It was awesome.

N the red arrows just buzzed my house. The came down from Chorley right past rivington pike

ampthill

It flew over the M1 yesterday, around Leicester I think

So I did get to see it one last time. I got the windows down and heard it as well

But hearing it take off, the summer before last, that was something else….

colp

It came up the Mersey pretty low, worth waiting for.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Southport air show – Vulcan’ is closed to new replies.