Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Southerners – show some solidarity!
  • cinnamon_girl

Following on from the flimsily veiled ‘only Northern hard men ride hardtails and Southerners are softies’ thread, I decided to be ‘over-biked’ today. 😉

Well, the scene was set and I was more than ready with a well-rehearsed riposte should anyone have the audacity to challenge me.

I climbed aboard my 140mm travel skill compensator to do a loop of … Salisbury Plain. There were no roots involved, no drop-offs, no rocks, no wood but did manage a few large stones plus some rabbit-hole single track. Just to ‘keep it real’.

Nobody shouted at me, no tears were involved but there were plenty of smiles. 🙂

So … the message is … ride what you like as long as it makes you happy.

😉

HermanShake
    Free Member

I shredded Stanmer on my 140mm bouncer earlier (rode round in circles practising manuals on grass). Gnarr! 😈

stevepitch
    Free Member

I feel guilty for starting my observation thread now 😳

I’ll unite i ride in the chilterns and despite the fact i ride a hardtail, it’s a LT HT and we all know that they’re crap 😛

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I shredded the gnat on a 150mm full bouncer this weekend! Around a car park. In Salisbury. 🙂

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

I rode to Waitrose earlier and some of the kerbs there are pretty ferocious. I don’t want you worrying though, thanks to my Pike 454 coil U-Turns set to the full 140mm I got home safely.

Gorehound
    Free Member

So … the message is … ride what you like as long as it makes you happy.

It’s not what you ride it’s the way you ride it.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Lol. They’re always bragging. Dunno why.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

you getting some practice in for the SPAM Blast then?

But you do need 140mm travel to cross the tank tracks thou! 😉

matt22
    Free Member

I rode my hardtail around North Devon today because my Brakes are broken on my Full suspect, it was crap, HTs are only good if you like your arse hammered by your seat over every little bump. I felt no more at one with the floor as I do on the FS

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I rode to Waitrose earlier and some of the kerbs there are pretty ferocious. I don’t want you worrying though, thanks to my Pike 454 coil U-Turns set to the full 140mm I got home safely.

Props, braw! 🙂

you getting some practice in for the SPAM Blast then?

Are they including the car park behind Fisherton Street on the course? If so, I’ve got it nailed!

patriotpro
    Free Member

Southerners are softies’

end of

beanieripper
    Free Member

i rode to the village shop earlier, 1.5 miles of smooth tarmac, on my 140mm forked chameleon. All smooth sailing you might think, but upon approaching the shop i hit 3 or more lolly sticks and an uneaten rolo. Had i only had my lightning cat reflexes and not the help of a 140mm forked hardtail it may well have been peanuts for me…thank god for gnarr tec..
    edit:my god i cant imagine living up north and having to go through that whole experience whilst feeling cold!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Southern roads are so worn out now that I’m going to replace my 120mm Air fork with a 150mm Coil. Will it ruin the handling? It’s going to be an expensive month because I also need some new body armour as the stitching has worked loose with all that commuting.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Southerners are softies’

end of

We all know that the real reason northerners ride hard tails is because the average level of IQ is lower oop north and they haven’t yet got it through their thick skulls that suspension is a good idea.

chiefgrooveguru

I rode a 140mm hardtail, mostly on-road, between some Dorset churches yesterday. I did ride up and down / drop off as many of the church steps as possible though…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

We all know that the real reason northerners ride hard tails is because the average level of IQ is lower oop north and they haven’t yet got it through their thick skulls that suspension is a good idea.

Of course, this is a problem, as their hard tail riding will lead to what little grey matter is left in their skulls being shaken to death beyond all compare. So, it will only get worse.

😉

singlespeedstu

CaptainFlashheart – Member

I shredded the gnat

Can you recomend me a gnat shredder please.

I realy hate gnats. How can a creature that’s so small inflict so much itcheyness.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Stu, shredding the gnat is the new niche. Gnar is sooooo over. Gnat is where it’s at!

You’ll need 27 gears. At least. And then 140mm+ of boing at both ends.

cinnamon_girl

Oi! My thread and don’t want it to end in tears.

Behave boys please!

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

160mm full suss bike on a 65km ride around the purbecks yesterday, no other bike built up, surprisingly fun but a little wearing on the ups

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

C_G, we are behaving…..

You didn’t say we had to behave well…

😉

(Still chasing for people for you, BTW! My main contact in that area has been away for a bit. )

geetee1972
    Free Member

Besides I’m actually from south Manchester so I’m allowed to take the pith.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I took my 160mm skills compensator out around the (Southern) trails I usually ride with a short travel full suss or a hardtail…and I had an absolute blast.

I didn’t even finish my ride with a pint of bitter.

singlespeedstu

Oi! My thread and don’t want it to end in tears.

I did hear some southeners were prone to bouts of “over emotion”. 😛

You’ll need 27 gears.

Man it must be tought riding in “the south”
    Though the “south west” rocks

crossland
    Free Member

I ride my Roscoe 1 off road in the cotswolds, my trek road bike on the road and the singlespeed to work, its all good to me…

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Southerners – show some solidarity!’ is closed to new replies.