Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Southampton peeps….
  • M1llh0use
    Free Member

Tell me about lordswood. Any good for a day out somewhere different? Worth visiting over my local rides of wareham/purbecks/fordingbridge?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Great to play for an afternoon, but not really worth a day trip, IMO.

scaredypants

in summer, yeah – why not ?

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

I live in southampton, Lordswood is ok for a couple of hours but not the whole day. Now if you head to Purbeck you cant really go wrong, I ride there loads and when the sun’s out its great place and with a cracking sea side vibe….

garage-dweller

Fun, but not a day trip’s worth and although it’s small it’s worth having someone to show you round as not all the trails are that obvious. It used to be my local riding spot when I was at Uni, I rode there last year after a 10 year break and found I was scratching my head to remember where stuff was a bit. Or is it just me that finds the geography a little bit disorienting at times?

DT78
    Free Member

Plenty in LW if you know where to look. Some of the other local woods can be joined into a longer all day loop.

It’s pretty tough going there at the moment

Here’s a gpx of my last ride there (2nd since my broken collar bone). Probably only about 75% of the singletrack I know. I can do about 20miles off road there, almost all on singletrack. Right little tardis.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/60439966

If I’m free I will be happy to show you around, got manflu at the moment though 🙁

M1llh0use
    Free Member

was planning on bumbling over that way on friday if anyone is about…

chojin
    Free Member

Boooooo. Go Saturday and then I can come along 😛

DT78
    Free Member

If I’m feeling a bit better I could take you out for a spin on Fri, I can’t manage much more than 3 hours at the moment though which should be enough to show you most runs.

My email should be in my profile drop me a line thurs evening

M1llh0use
    Free Member

cheers dude, willdo!

M1llh0use
    Free Member

chojin
    Boooooo. Go Saturday and then I can come along

you said you wouldn’t be in any fit state!!!

juan
    Free Member

old good loordswood
    rode there for 4 years with about 3 different riding groups. Each time some new trails 😉
    I can easily turn in thewoods for a good 4-5 hours with very little repeat.

Don’t listen to CFH as he was there aeons ago…

EDIT WCA somarich and gary are the people you want to talk to about riding in loordswood.

chojin
    Free Member

you said you wouldn’t be in any fit state!!!

nooooooo! I said I was working on friday 🙄

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Well call it a “training day”!!

chojin
    Free Member

Wish I could 😛 feel free to pop in for a cuppa afterwards though :]

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

CFH actually rides a bike? Has anyone ever seen this? 😯

Lordswood is good fun actually. WCA knows all the best stuff.

jedi

lucien and timpol are from that neck of the woods too

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I may also be out for a blast on Friday too, weather dependant.

dobo
    Free Member

its worth a look if you have someone to show you round, not really an all day kinda place though, i usually just spin round for an hour or so when i want a quick fix.
    will be muddy and wet at the moment, but where isnt?

theres also moors valley or farley mount and surroundings for some different types of riding.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Ok then, who’s about tomorrow? and where to meet?

DT78
    Free Member

Just returned your mail –

Happy to do a bit of guiding, feeling better and spent the day tinkering so hopefully the bike will be running better.

If you want a post ride beer/food Cowherds carpark (just off avenue) is a good place to meet.

If you’re not fussed about food, then I normally meet people at the golf clubhouse carpark, just off the avenue down golf course road.

How does a 10am start sound? Probably be out for 3-4 hours depending on what you guys like doing. Can do earlier or later, got the day free.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Sounds great, will email you phone number…

DT78
    Free Member

Okey – anyone else who wants to tag along – meetup 10am outside the cowherds, southampton common (parking in the pub carpark is free). I’ll be on a black charge duster.

Danny79
    Free Member

Sounds good, think I’ll tag along.

DT78
    Free Member

More the merrier – thats 7 potentials.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Sorry to be a pain, can we make it 10.15, not going to be able to leave here till 9.30…

DT78
    Free Member

Ok no worries 10.15 is fine, I’ll still aim to be at the cowherds for 10 and just talk rubbish about bikes for 15 mins 🙂

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Win!!

M1llh0use
    Free Member

cheers guys, great to see somewhere different! will deffo be back again but when it dries out a bit more, some of those trails were great!

chojin
    Free Member

Now you’re fully qualified to show me around millhouse 🙂

DT78
    Free Member

Nice to meet up with you guys today, hope the pace was ok, prob too fast for some and too slow for others, always difficult to get it right.

Heres the GPX of the route, probably only about 50% of my intended route!! But it was tough going!

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/61283520

Look forward to meeting you again.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Chojin

Now you’re fully qualified to show me around millhouse

Not yet dude!! As you’re so close you could meet with dt78 for midweek training, then show US around!!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Didn’t make it today, as we went DH’ing instead!

However, next time though 🙂

Someone post up and i’ll try & be free.

chojin
    Free Member

DT78 – Member

Nice to meet up with you guys today, hope the pace was ok, prob too fast for some and too slow for others, always difficult to get it right.

Heres the GPX of the route, probably only about 50% of my intended route!! But it was tough going!

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/61283520

Look forward to meeting you again.

Looking at the route you guys took, it looks like you went past my old flat on Winchester Road, just opposite the shops! 🙂

Danny79
    Free Member

Cheers for that guys some fun trails.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

I’m working in soton on wed, is Anybody about for a bimble around on wednesdsay eve?

chojin
    Free Member

I’m tagging along – anyone else? 🙂

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I would love to come but I am in Manchester on Friday.

I reckon there is 4-5 hours of non-repeated riding in Lordswood, especially if you are as slow as me 😉

Enjoy

chojin
    Free Member

I would love to come but I am in Manchester on Friday.

I reckon there is 4-5 hours of non-repeated riding in Lordswood, especially if you are as slow as me

Enjoy

But it’s tomorrow! (i.e. Wednesday) 🙂

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Perhaps I should read the whole thread.

What time?

I can offer safe parking and bike washing/fettling facilities.

email in profile

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Southampton peeps….’ is closed to new replies.