Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • South Yorkshire BMX cruiser riders wanted
  • avantimerider
    Free Member

Hi all,

I ride alone at 46 on my BMX cruiser in Sheffield. I have a SE Racing Floval Flyer XL, Renthal bars, 39T Renthal chain ring, Crupi rims, Profile hubs and Cliq cranks. So i ride in the park with my six year old, but it seems the senior BMX race or ride scene for us 30 -40’s is Sheffield is on the quiet side. Back in the 80’s I use to race but I still have the passion for the BMX. So any other riders out there if you want visit a few tracks and chat all things bike or BMX then contact me!!!!
    Thanks Nick

twistedpencil

If you want to race head over to the Midlands Region BMX page, though it looks a touch out of date, Nottingham Outlaws have a better website. There should a club or two near you, Abbie and Chloe Taylor hail from your way I believe. I’ll try and dig out some more info for you… Northern Region is starting at Crewe next weekend, Leeds and Bradford will be your closest rounds for you. Northern Region is full of old blokes racing, I’m joining the Masters this year, very good craic.

twistedpencil

Oh and run a 44t for racing 😉

avantimerider
    Free Member

Many thanks for the info. A 44T, that what I started on and I’m down now to a 39. Long skinny legs! So what do you ride and race on?

twistedpencil

I have a Redline Flight XXXL, it’s lovely, 44t is needed for mashing out of the gate. You’ll spin out fast on a 39t chainring when racing, I found 42t was a bit spinney. Leeds BMX has a long first corner which convinced me to go 44t.

Northern Region round two is at my local track, Bruntwood, on the 17th, I’ll be hanging on at the back

phunkmaster
    Free Member

For a cruiser 41/18 gearing pretty standard. People will run variations of this , 36/16, 39/17 etc, but a rule of thumb (for your average rider) is you want your gearing as close to 55 gear inches as possible.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘South Yorkshire BMX cruiser riders wanted’ is closed to new replies.