Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • South Pennines near M62
  • haddock
    Free Member

Having cut short my day trip to Scotland until promised better weather……..can anyone tell me if the bridleways from ‘Watergrove Resevoir’ (North of Milnrow )that run up over ‘Carr Craggs moor’, ‘Deerplay moor’ towards the Burnley Way and ‘Holme Chapel’ are any good and well suited to riding in the predicted downpour. Also looked at starting from Hollingworth lake and riding up to Todemorden and back. Never been to this area so i’ve no idea what the surface or quality is like folks.

Houns

Most of the stuff round there is rocky double track, though i only ever really rode the MTL

RustySpanner

Welcome to Calderdale!

Just have a search on here for suggested routes in Calderdale – countless ideas for rides around the area. Search for the Mary Townley Loop and Rooley Moor as well, as Houns suggested.

Nice small loop from Hollingworth lake over to Piethorn Reservoir, but heading North from Hollingworth toward Tod/Hebden the possibilities are endless.

Have a look on the OS map, anything legal is pretty good fun. The other stuff even more so, TBH……

If you have the opportunity, pop into Blazing Saddles bike shop in Hebden Bridge: They have loads of pre-printed route guides, all of the ones I’ve tried have been great. Very friendly and full of useful advice.

You could always have a go at Lee Quarry whilst you’re in the area.

haddock
    Free Member

Thanks, i’ll try and pick up some routes from the shop, OL21 seems very busy indeed! cant wait to get a feel for the area, I got a feeling this may become a regular haunt!

dave360

Just got back from Innertleithen. The weather was great! HTH.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘South Pennines near M62’ is closed to new replies.