Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 152 total)
  • South-East drivers
  • molgrips
    Free Member

WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?!

Last night I went about a mile and a half to pick up pizza at about half past five, and it was utterly awful. Everyone was trying to ram themselves through my car from every angle, zipping around jamming themselves into every inch of space.. it was like being in a room full of people screaming “F****CCKK YOOUUUUU!” at the top of their lungs into your face! I couldn’t choose a lane, I couldn’t thin about where I was going..

And absolutely NO F*CKER ever lets you out of ANYWHERE. I must’ve sat at a side road for 5 minutes watching a stream of cars, each one giving a great big f*k off message as I sat there haplessly waiting and waiting.

Then this morning I come up to a roundabout wanting to go straight on, which is clear, and the road to my left is blocked. So what do people do? They just drive, not giving any form of a sh*t about anyone else, and stopping their cars immediately across the front of mine, preventing me from going anywhere. I mean WTF? You utter arseholes! Then Mrs Grips calls me and she’s been stuck in a jam near Reading caused by people doing the exact same thing on the M4 roundabout.

So to sum up, drivers in the SE are either:

a) retarded
    b) c**ts
    c) both

Very unimpressed.

DezB
    Free Member

You wanna try riding a f^*&ing bike amongst it mate!

Pook

You went a mile and a half for a pizza?

5/10.

Organisation of summary points into a list reveals level headedness in rant.

soobalias
    Free Member

you cant pull out of a side road? you limp wristed fop.

someone deliberately blocks a roundabout, ram them.

retro83
    Free Member

molgrips – Member

WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?!

Last night I went about a mile and a half to pick up pizza at about half past five, and it was utterly awful. Everyone was trying to ram themselves through my car from every angle, zipping around jamming themselves into every inch of space.. it was like being in a room full of people screaming “F****CCKK YOOUUUUU!” at the top of their lungs into your face! I couldn’t choose a lane, I couldn’t thin about where I was going..

And absolutely NO F*CKER ever lets you out of ANYWHERE. I must’ve sat at a side road for 5 minutes watching a stream of cars, each one giving a great big f*k off message as I sat there haplessly waiting and waiting.

Then this morning I come up to a roundabout wanting to go straight on, which is clear, and the road to my left is blocked. So what do people do? They just drive, not giving any form of a sh*t about anyone else, and stopping their cars immediately across the front of mine, preventing me from going anywhere. I mean WTF? You utter arseholes! Then Mrs Grips calls me and she’s been stuck in a jam near Reading caused by people doing the exact same thing on the M4 roundabout.

So to sum up, drivers in the SE are either:

a) retarded
    b) c**ts
    c) both

It’s because we’re busy busy busy keeping the country running. Places to be, etc. etc.

wwaswas

I couldn’t choose a lane, I couldn’t think about where I was going..

great, some out of towner without a clue what they’re doing slowing the traffic down…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Do you knoe what I hate about driving in the SE, fukcin pruicks in prius’ and other batty eco-friendly pieces of crap, driving slow, letting people out, waving at each other

‘I don’t care if you’re in a smartcar, get out my bloody way! Waitrose clsoes in 10 mins and I’m out of quails egss, MOOOVE, FUNCKINNNN MOOOOOVE you lilly libbered pile of w4nk!

honk, HONK, HONKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

Jamie
    Free Member

…but was the pizza any good?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

So to sum up, driverspeople in the SE are either:

a) retarded
    b) c**ts
    c) both

khani
    Free Member

It shocked me when I moved here how bad it is, dog eat dog is an understatement,
    the school run is like a mad max movie.

titusrider
    Free Member

meh…. lived in the south east/south all my life and have pretty much no idea what your talking about, you a pansy or something? :p

hora
    Free Member

The week after I passed my test I drove down to London……

and I drove far worse than most of the drivers around me.

(I even made a 4×4 reverse back down a one way street….I was going the wrong way to save time)…

Love driving through central London….the cheekiest wins 😀

loddrik
    Free Member

Never mind the drivers, most people in the south east are ****.

molgrips
    Free Member

you cant pull out of a side road? you limp wristed fop

Saying that you need to be a c**t to drive in the region is no excuse for being a c**t.

The Pizza was just about cold when I got back too 🙁

And yes I know it was silly to drive for pizza but no-one delivered and I couldn’t face more hotel food. And it’d have been stone cold had I walked.

Places to be, etc. etc.

This is Farnborough. Have to get to Asda to pick up another lb of Asda Smart Price makeup.

wwaswas

and I drove far worse than most of the drivers around me.

I suspect your grammar was par for the course, though 😉

bigyinn
    Free Member

Be more assertive! Snooze you lose etc etc.

geetee1972
    Free Member

dog eat dog is an understatement,

Whereas up north it’s just ‘eat dog’ 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve also driven in London, to be honest it wasn’t this bad. I mean it’s busy, fair enough, but it worked. This was just awful.

TheBrick
    Free Member

l

oddrik – Member
    Never mind the drivers, most people in the south east are ****.

I think you will find most people are **** the geographic region has nothing to do with it.

hora
    Free Member

In addition, the flow is moving. Up in Manchester its ridiculously slow compared.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

most people in the south east are ****.

Racist. But thank you.

loddrik
    Free Member

Look at the amount of cars in London with dents in. Drivers in London also seem to shout and scream and threaten a lot. Until I get out the car to discuss it at which point it seems to be windows up time funnily enough…

philconsequence
    Free Member

i hate to say molgrips…. there are MANY places that deliver pizza in farnborough!

f’bo is nothing… trying driving around Reading.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Look at the amount of cars in London with dents in

It’s probably proportional to the number of people in London, is it not?

Look at the number of cars with dents in them in other major European cities… Paris… Rome…

loddrik
    Free Member

Not at all, there is definitely a disproportionate amount of cars with dents/scrapes in. I’ve no idea about rome or wherever, London is in the uk and the comparison is to elsewhere in the uk. And let’s be honest, Italian drivers are notoriously shocking so is that a comparison you’d be happy with…?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

But you can’t really compare London, with a sleepy backwater though, can you? You need to compare Apples with Big Apples. Not lemons.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’m a driver in the South East and I always let people out of junctions, smile and wave etc.

wwaswas

liking the tag 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

I chose Pizza Hut because I like their pizzas. Haven’t really got time to go through all the local places to see if they’re better 🙂

Drivers in Rome are indeed comically awful, but Farnborough rush hour was approaching that to be honest.

I try and let people out, but most of the time they’re not expecting it so just sit there looking utterly blank.

loddrik
    Free Member

Who is comparing it with a sleepy backwater? believe it or not we actually have cars up here in Liverpool, Manchester , Glasgow etc…. 😕

wwaswas

believe it or not we actually have cars up here

should that be plural?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Loddrik – you have cow crossings on roads up North. I’ve seen them. You actually stop traffic to let farm animals cross the road!! WTF!
    Trying to pretend your all urban an’ ting. Don’t make me laugh.

loddrik
    Free Member

No cows in liverpool, they are all in jail or at home watching Jeremy Kyle…

djglover
    Free Member

I’ve also driven in London, to be honest it wasn’t this bad. I mean it’s busy, fair enough, but it worked. This was just awful.

This is about right IME, London is fairly good for driving round IME, people are often polite and let you in, certainly more so than my experience of driving in Leeds. Your right though, as soon as you go out west you hit a wall of lower middle management BMW driving, barrat house residing jumped up idiots who can’t drive for toffee and have no courtesy.

hora
    Free Member

What London drivers DONT like is hesitation. Anyone who is ambling along checking which way they should be going, you know the type- centre of the road almost, below the limit and unsure.

Its a fast-flowing system, highly choreographed and of course you need to keep well away from the Somalian drivers.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Damnit Loddrik, you made me laugh!

Molgrips – Was there another 2 for 1 offer on Ben & Jerry’s at Asda?

allthepies
    Free Member

I drive in Farnborough at rush hour, just need to pick the right route 🙂

GrahamS

Yep that’s one of the main reasons I would never live down that end of the country. That and IME London seems to have a disproportionately large population of self-absorbed dickheads.

Rubber_Buccaneer

You sound a bit wet but I have some sympathy for you. I spent 10 months commuting to Frimley & had to use the motorbike, the trip by car could take hours.

molgrips
    Free Member

And cycling down here is a nightmare. When I go out on road rides I can mostly stick to the lanes (which are excellent quality) and thereby miss most of the traffic, but if I have to venture onto the bigger roads it’s heart-in-mouth time 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 152 total)

The topic ‘South-East drivers’ is closed to new replies.