• This topic has 35 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by TimP.
Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • South Downs Crimbo Ride 30th December – Details
  • bigsi
    Free Member

As originally suggested by Bunnerscj so lets make this happen (hope you don't mind me posting this one Bunners 😉 )

I've been asked to post the details by Hummerlicious who has agreed to guide this ride.

The plan is to meet at Quest Adventures Broadwater at 10am for a 10.30 start, loads of free all day parking around Broadwater Green so no worries there. We'll head out on to the Downs to sample some of the finest Singletrack that the area has to offer, stop for a bite to eat mid ride if people want although Parklife in Worthing Town is always a good option for post ride coffee & cake.

Ride time is likely to be 3-4 hours at a relaxed pace, no one will get left behind. Helmets must be worn.

It will be a good day so whos in ❓

Quest Adventures map

Cakey bakey goodness

KevinPP
    Free Member

I'll be there as I sort of volunteered Hummerlicious in the first place… 😆
    Hopefully bring at least one mate along.

bigsi
    Free Member

Good on ya KevinPP think there will be a few of the guys that me and Hummerlicious normally ride with there as well 😀

TimP
    Free Member

Would love to come along, but bike is in commuter mode with rigids and michelin dry tyres. Will I need to change forks or tyres or either or both?

PikeBN14
    Free Member

Should be working, but might be able to swing it, if I moan enough about being the only person in from 3.30pm – 8.30pm on Christmas Eve and having to come in Christmas day and Boxing day I might get some sympathy!!

lyons
    Free Member

Hmmm, I may come.

bigsi
    Free Member

TimP I would say you will need something other than dry tyres but you should be fine with rigid forks if you don't fancy changing them 😉

lyons – Do it Hummerlicious guides a good ride and the more the merrier 😛

Pike – You know what to do 🙄

bullheart
    Free Member

I think I might pop along if thats okay? SS though, so you'll have to be patient with me…

KevinPP
    Free Member

BigSi – Met you, Hummerlicious and a few of the SussexMTB posse a year or so ago (when you had the Santa Cruz) on a couple of Quest rides I did when my norrmal riding buddies were being lazy , but of course they don't normally take in the cheeky trails, so looking forward to this. Hope the forecast improves tho…

bigsi
    Free Member

petesgaff – It will be pleasure to meet you and i bet you still beat me to the tops of the hill's 😀

KevinPP – It will good to see you again 😛

bigsi
    Free Member

Just in case anyone has missed this one 😉

muggomagic

me and one other hope to be along.

bigsi
    Free Member

8)

hummerlicious
    Free Member

Some of the brighton mtb guys will be joining us now too, any more takers?

robdeanhove
    Free Member

petesgaff "SS though, so you'll have to be patient with me…" is that as you'll be forced to stand up and stomp the climbs? If not, why don't you ride gears! 😛

Not sure I can make this, but good to see the South Downs getting some STW love.

richP

i might try and tag along, depending what time I get back to the UK tomorrow. I can't believe that rob's going to wuss out though…

richP

dammit, scrub that. Just found out that wife is working so no free pass for me…

bigsi
    Free Member

Well the weather looks like its going to be a bit better than it is today
    STW South Downs ride weather forecast.

Looking forward to a good turn out, think we have about a dozen confirmed so far 😛

See ya all there 😉

DaRC_L

Aww fekk I'm working 👿

singletrackmind

Have to work unfortunatly. Although after my last outing when I brought the wrong legs it might not be a bad thing.
    Have fun in the mud.
    STM

muggomagic

You lot better be gentle. This will be my 1st decent ride for ages mainly due to a dodgy knee and lack of enthusiasm. I'll keep up for as long as I can, but may bail out if the pace is too high.

bigsi
    Free Member

Muggomagic – Don't worry the pace WILL be gentle, Hummerlicious is used to waiting for me on rides 😆

Plus I'm brining the jelly babies so they won't go charging off into the distance 😉

muggomagic

great. just hoping the knee will hold out as it's still sore from last wednesday's night ride.
    I'm happy to wait in the pub for you all in need be 😀

Taff
    Free Member

I've got to take the mrs to work unfortunately

bigsi
    Free Member

Final bump 😉

Lifer
    Free Member

Bloody working

KevinPP
    Free Member

Cheers guys for an enjoyable ride, despite the bloody awful weather. Should do it again in a few months when the trails are not full-on streams any more.
    And mucho respect to Mark (petesgaff). With that attitude I believe you will beat it.

bigsi
    Free Member

Yep i think everyone enjoyed themselves despite the weathers best efforts, i know i did 😛 . That final decent down to the A27 always puts a massive smile on my face and the Lion Trail was slippy slidey fun.

Good to meet everyone.

Will definatly try to arrange another one in a few months time if anyones up for it or you can always join us on one of the monthly Quest Adventures rides that Hummerlicious leads as they are in a similar vein to todays sorte 😉

Quest Adventures Ride's Page. They are published here although the next few months one is not up yet 🙄

bunnerscj
    Free Member

Hi all, passed you guys on the trails earlier – group of 3 going in the other direction by Ciussbury R, shocking weather but we had a good one, hope you did too !
    Maybe hook up sometime

Bunners

bigsi
    Free Member

Bunners – I wondered if you would be out and about 😉

bunnerscj
    Free Member

Yar I was there on the old rigid 29er !
    Let me know when you guys out again, might try and hook up !

woodsman
    Free Member

Glad you all had a great ride!

Was hoping to come along, but taking another day off unpaid (self-employed) was playing too heavy on my conscience. 😐

muggomagic

really gutted i missed out. my 6 mth old daughter who's had a cold all week woke this morning with really laboured breathing we took her to our GP just to be on the safe side and spent the rest of the day in hospital for observations.

defo be there for the next one.

hummerlicious
    Free Member

That was moist

bullheart
    Free Member

Thanks for the great fun yesterday gentlemen. I'll be sure to (a) get s little more experience with SPD's and (b) change the gearing from a 12T(!) to something a little more hill-friendly, and then next time screw you all with my chemo-riddled arse!

M

TimP
    Free Member

Washed out my kit outside, and when I get round to cleaning the bike I should have just about enough dirt for a pump track (there is a reason I have a cheap bike)!

Happy new year to all and still no trip to hospital!

Oh and I did feel good that I wasn't last up the hills, but Mark appeared out the mist seconds later, making me feel fat lazy and unfit again. Still for those few seconds…

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘South Downs Crimbo Ride 30th December – Details’ is closed to new replies.